More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » People who've mentioned you on the shoutbox.
Created: 2012-06-03 02:58:21
AndrewBiersack
UK gold
New Poster
Total posts: 13
Date of Birth: 1997-01-14
Total Earnings: $55.09
So, I often go on to other tabs whilst on here meaning I may miss any mentions on the shoutbox. It would be helpful if you were able to add either a sidebox with things that have been said to you or a separate tab on the shoutbox for things said to you. They could either clear every 24 hours, once you've replied to that person or there could be a button to remove selected messages.
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3317.94
Notifications for the Shoutbox? :) Kinda an interesting idea, though I don't think it's all that necessary. It could get all spammy lookin' or overwhelming for those busy parts of the day in shout. I'm sure the admin could work around that though if they add this in. It'll be interesting to see how this suggestion turns out if the admin add it to the to-do list. From my reply, you can tell I'm in between with this idea, lol. :p At least there could be an option to turn notifications on/off for those who don't want to see them at certain times.
-
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1885
seems interesting i would hate having notifications like we have now though like when we get new offers and it spams you screen or the helper system <.<

but if they made a separate tab at the top of the shoutbox next to the 'rules' or something i think it would be better that way just my thought .-.
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $380.12
Notifications aren't a bad idea but since we don't have a notification history [another suggestion correctly being talked about] it would be bothersome at times. Perhaps just make the tab title flash?
Exar
UK platinum
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
hmmmm really liking this idea.

Tab flashes to alert you have a message and when you click the tab, it filters all messages to you in there. :thumbup:

~Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Total posts: 1885
Notifications aren't a bad idea but since we don't have a notification history [another suggestion correctly being talked about] it would be bothersome at times. Perhaps just make the tab title flash?xXShaddowTXx

wait wait im kinda confused you putting notifications history place(which again is still in the suggestion stage) and the tab for the notifications on messages in the shout? :confused:

hmmmm really liking this idea.

Tab flashes to alert you have a message and when you click the tab, it filters all messages to you in there.

~ExarExar

this is what i was thinking as well if they added a tab for just shoutbox notifications of users who mentioned u (:
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $380.12
this is what i was thinking as well if they added a tab for just shoutbox notifications of users who mentioned u (:Darkninja

That was the idea I posted in my post....

I said having the tab flash as a notification when someone says your name in shout would be a much better way of notifying you then putting a notification in through the sites notification system.

The thing about the notifications history not being available was used for support in my case, I said that since notification history is non existent it would be a hasle since if someone says your name 5 times suddenly you don't know if new offers came out or someone has posted in a thread you subscribed to.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom