More options
Points2Shop Forums » Free Stuff » Free $20 worth of Microsoft products!! (MS Points, Xbox Live, Etc..) [US ONLY] (Expired)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Created: 2012-05-15 19:18:50
ImHumbled
US (VA) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 87
Total Earnings: $76.39
UPDATE #2
They added 'First 5,000' in the Terms & Conditions about 2 weeks ago and I didnt catch it. They are all out now, so as of now if you sign up you WILL NOT receive the $20 promo. There are some people saying that they got the code, after Microsoft apparently ran out. Dont count on it though. Sorry to everyone who missed out on this.

UPDATE!!!!
A few people are saying you don't have to complete the installation, just the download to receive credit and get the $20 code emailed. I cannot confirm it myself, as I installed the whole thing, but if you are having trouble installing or cannot install it at all, this might be your lucky day. I would appreciate it if you would just post here after you get the $20, just saying how long it took to get it, and whether or not you fully installed it. Thanks.

Microsoft is doing a deal where you download their program, which is a cloud storage program, and you get $20 worth of products from the Microsoft Store, which includes Microsoft Points, Xbox Live subscriptions, and any other thing you can think of made by Microsoft.

The download is quite big, 1.5GB, but I managed to download it in 4 minutes. Shouldnt take longer than 10 minutes.

After you download it, you should receive an email from Microsoft 1-3 days later, with a code, which is pretty much a $20 discount. You can use it in the Microsoft Store here: http://content.microsoftstore.com/Home.aspx

Download:
http://www.microsoft.com/business/en-us/microsoftprivatecloudoffer/

Tutorial

Step One: On the first page, click the yellow tab labeled 'DOWNLOAD'
Step Two: Second page should have another tab, this time green, labeled 'Get Started Now' near the top, click that.
Step Three: You should be redirected to a login page. Log in with your Windows Live account. It is the same account used with xbox live. If you dont have one, just create one here: Windows Live Signup
Step Four: After you sign in, you'll be redirected to the final page, the actual download. There are many optional downloads, since we're speaking English here, the only ones that apply to us are the top 2. You can choose eithr ones. The top one is just the basic download, the second includes some optional extra program. I didnt download anything else, I just selected the first option. Its up to you, but if you just want the basic, click "Do not include Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 in my download."
Step Five: Thats it It should open a new tab and auto download it. The program is quite large, about 1.5 GB. That shouldn't take more than 10 minutes on average internet speeds, but if you are on faster speeds like mine, it only takes about 3-5 minutes. Once that's done, install it as usual. There are a few extra steps for installing this, such as extracting some stuff, but its pretty self-explanatory.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If you need more help just post on here again so I can answer quickly
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 512
Date of Birth: 1975-01-19
Total Earnings: $234.04
Some extra info from the site

No Purchase Necessary. Open only to IT Pros who are legal residents of the 50. U.S. and D.C. 18+. Game ends 6/30/12. For details, please review the Official Rules.

I had a quick look to see if I could wing it from the UK though seems not. Nice offer though.
Donovan1999
US (CA) bronze
My first post
Total posts: 1
Date of Birth: 1953-09-15
Total Earnings: $0.91
Just did the offer.
dbole007
US (OH) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 114
Total Earnings: $425.62
just got my ermail for the promo code sweet deal thanks
Tuttles
US (ID) bronze
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: 1990-03-16
Total Earnings: $4.82
it popped up 6 downloads like 1.5gb each
and where do you insert the promo code "CLOUD"?
2010-12-05 15:30:07
dbole007
US (OH) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 114
Total Earnings: $425.62
Tuttles,
I never had to enter the promo code..
SammieBecovic
US (AZ) silver
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: 1996-12-27
Total Earnings: $36.6
Thank you for this. c:
ImHumbled
US (VA) gold
Junior Poster
Tuttles,
I never had to enter the promo code..dbole007

You don't have to enter a promo. The promo code is part of the download link. I'm guessing they are only offering this as a free download for a limited amount of time.
DABLACKMAN1234
US (NC) gold
Used to the forums
Total posts: 34
ImHumbled
US (VA) gold
Junior Poster
ThanksGot 1600MSP.DABLACKMAN1234

Im guessing you completed this offer the day I posted it, the 15th. So I'm guessing it took you 3 days to get the code. Too everyone who has problems receiving the code, make sure you installed it. I messed up the first time and accidently didnt complete the installation.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom