More options
Points2Shop Forums » P2S The Game » Suggestion: Need captcha to avoid bot player
1 2
Created: 2012-05-15 04:13:59
anakwisnu
ID new
New Poster
Total posts: 13
To avoid bot (machine/script) plays game, I think P2S game needs install captcha in their system. A CAPTCHA is a program that can generate tests that humans can pass but current computer programs cannot.

Game developer can use free Google reCaptcha:
Google reCAPTCHA sign up
reCAPTCHA introduction for developer

Just suggestion, player should enter captcha every 5 minutes playing, 100 attacks, and 10 square moves. This will make the game likely played by human only. I think this implementation is very important to avoid bot. Do you agree?
2010-12-02 03:04:31
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5663
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2448.86
I don't think a bot could play the game. Maybe someone could make a bot to move to a square but it would be too complicated since a bot would need to know where to go, what to attack, when to attack and what items to use, there is possibly millions of variables that cannot be predicted such as a human player attacking.

It would be insanely complicated for a person to program and for what gain?
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
anakwisnu
ID new
New Poster
Total posts: 13
About complicated program, maybe Yes, but that is not impossible. I think people can create the game so other people can create a bot for playing.

Using bot for what gain? Sometimes people make a "cracking" for money (prize), or for satisfaction only.
2010-12-02 03:04:31
machiavellidesmond
IN platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 462
Date of Birth: 1985-03-28
Total Earnings: $820.88
i didnt knew about that bot also playing the game. But how can bot play?
seanmcgettigan
US gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 62
Total Earnings: $229.66
I'm almost certain that some people(s) are using a macro. I too would agree that a captcha is needed. I do believe the human body needs sleep and nourishment and 24/7 activity for 7 days is a bit fishy.
joe7890
US (NY) gold
New Poster
Total posts: 12
Date of Birth: 1990-01-10
Total Earnings: $47.78
I also agree with the captcha, i think anyone not using a bot would agree that this would be a good idea, i wouldnt do it every 10 spots moved, i move more then 10 spots in one trip lol, that would get annoying but i would get rid of that part and only do it on the amount of people/monsters you attacked.. so i vote Yes if it was just that
Bengood
US (WA) gold
Used to the forums
Total posts: 41
Date of Birth: 1994-06-04
Total Earnings: $72.2
Thanks for getting them to add this Sarcasm :

Now we have this annoying typing based pop-up that appears every five minutes.
And combined that with every time the system logs me out I have to log back in, making it difficult just to get to play.

Also, Who was the person who was botting?
PS. turns out that was a "we shnotive" in the picture.
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5663
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2448.86
I HATE that style of capcha, can't we just have a maths question to answer?
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
Jayarih
US (OH) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 162
Date of Birth: 1981-08-24
Total Earnings: $131.69
yea i hate how often it pops up and sometimes its hard to read
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5025
I HATE that style of capcha, can't we just have a maths question to answer?agm1992

I suppose the thing with maths is that some people can't actually do maths, I once helped a girl who couldn't add 2 and 3, but she could do english just fine.But I guess there could be an option to set the capcha to maths or english? I don't know if it's possible or not, but it would be good :D

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom