Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Spin2win idea
1 2
Created: 2012-05-06 03:55:54
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 605
Date of Birth: 1996-07-02
Poll: Simple question: Would the idea below be someting of interest to you?

Yes
No

Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.

Hi all.

Im sure those first 10 times we hit mark as completed we expect Spin2Win to pop up. Sometimes we get a good thing, like 50 merits for example, (just today I was 1 spot away from 50 merits, twice in a row) then other days we have bad days where we get 1 merit each spin. Sometimes we land on a Sweepstakes ticket spot. Most of us, me for example, dont care for those and would rather not get them, I tend to think of it as a wasted spin personally.

A little idea of mine when I got 3 sweepstakes tickets in a row today, why not give us the chance to change those sweepstakes tickets into lottery tickets? Make it a special feature for say, gold+/platinum+/$50+?

Thoughts anyone?
not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
trollface4929
US platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 124
Total Earnings: $220.73
yeah that would be great i get sweepstakes way more often than lottery tickets but i still lose on the sweepstakes :(
Albini1988
UK platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 231
Date of Birth: 1988-09-08
Total Earnings: $3645.7
How would that be fair really? Us UK members dont get sweep-stake tickets so it would be un-fair on use because US members would have more chance of winning the lottery.

Bad idea.
Points2Shop and Cashle Official Helper.
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
First off Albini, I never knew UK members didnt partake in the sweepstakes. Second, I mentioned the changing of sweepstakes tickets to lotto tickets was entirely optional.

I find it a coincidental that theres something that makes something else unfair lol...
not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
chevychic255
US (FL) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3299.11
I'm not understanding how this idea would make it unfair for UK members or other countries. There is a certain gift card each month, we don't get to pick what gift card we'll get if we're a winner. If we're not interested in the current sweepstakes we have the option to forfeit the sweepstakes entry if we get one. That's us losing out on a reward because of it. If anything, it sounds like your percentage of getting a lottery ticket on Spin2win is higher than ours because an extra reward appears for us. I think it's a great idea to give us the option for a different reward if we want to forfeit the sweepstakes entry, so we're not completely losing out of a reward from our spin. What about the option to spin the wheel again? We're not exactly choosing our reward in that case. Only problem I see with that is sweepstakes entries would still appear on the wheel. :p
-
Albini1988
UK platinum
Senior Poster
Hold on a minute.
Yes but you still have the opportunity there to take part. What do we get in the UK, errrrrm Nothing.

The way Spin2Win is, is fine. Its fair. If your to change that then obv the US have more opportunity. Doesnt take a brain surgeon to work that out.
chevychic255
US (FL) admin
Helper is my middle name
You're not understanding what I'm explaining then. You have a higher chance percentage to hit lottery tickets than we have because of the sweepstakes weighs our chances... Sometimes the sweepstakes entries are useless to us if we don't want the current gift card offered. Honestly it doesn't really matter about the lottery tickets. We have the Free Stuff forum where you can get 5 guaranteed lottery tickets per day if you're worried about having a lower chance of winning the lottery. You could say that Bronze+ has an unfair advantage over new members to win the lottery because newer members don't even have the ability to post there.

Can you honestly say you feel like you would have a better chance of winning something on the lottery if this was changed? I don't think so. Think of the thousands of tickets that already are given out site-wide. You wouldn't see a drastic change from this. x_x

I wouldn't want the option to get just lottery tickets from this idea anyway so I'm not going to continue debating about the chances of lottery winnings. Merits would be fine with me too. As long as we're getting rewarded something from our forfeited sweepstakes entry I think it's a good idea. You should add a poll to the suggestion so we could vote. :)
-
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
You should add a poll to the suggestion so we could vote.chevychic255

Editing my orignal post doesnt allow me to make a poll on this. :\

In other words, if I were able to swap out my sweepstakes tickets for lotto tickets, at least I feel like I have a chance at getting something in staid of knowing that Im going to get nothing.

Hell we dont even know how the sweepstakes is drawn. What do ya do, tape a list of all p2s users with sweepstakes tickets to a wall, throw a handful of darts, and whoever has the most sweepstakes tickets that got hit wins? (lol that's actually kinda a viable idea, just so long as you can make the list and have plenty of paper)
chevychic255
US (FL) admin
Helper is my middle name
Editing my orignal post doesnt allow me to make a poll on this. :\Mydragonsfly
Just go to the create a poll page. Copy/paste the code and edit it in your original post.
-
Albini1988
UK platinum
Senior Poster
ok then why not just get rid of the sweepstakes then. thats the simple answer. Chevychic I understand fully what you meant but perhaps you dont understand what i mean. With the sweep-stake you are still getting an extra chance to win something whether you want it or not.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom