Points2Shop Forums » Off-Topic » Ok - Question About PayPal
Created: 2009-05-24 22:59:45
Chris265265
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1666
Date of Birth: 1993-09-26
Total Earnings: $2682.2
Basically, I am going to be selling my psp, and getting an iTouch with the money.

I put up an ad on craigslist, and 2 hours later, I get someone interested. I had a look at the message he sent, and compared them to scammers messages, and he seems to be clean. The message he sent just simply said, how much, whats your paypal ID, I wanna buy it.

Now, of course I would need to be payed first, but my question is this.

Once he has payed me, is it possible so he cannot request the cash back. Of course I won't scam him, but I'm afraid he will just say...Sorry I didn't recieve the item, and take the money back.
gedney
UK diamond
Master Of Posts
Total posts: 10144
ask him for some information like name address including postcode telephone number also if he does have it send it recorded delivery so it has to be signed for also wait 24-48 hour for the funds to clear first before you ship it out
Chris265265
UK platinum
Well he emailed me back earlier today, and the only way he will do it is through paypal.
Chris265265
UK platinum
Thanks for the mail,please the only way ican make the payment to you is by paypal if you are ok l will like you to give me your payapl Id for me to send the payment to you.

Doris.

Thats the 2nd message he sent me...does this sound like a scam?

Hello ,
i came across your(PSP 1003 + 1GB Memory + Docking Station ),i want to buy and i'll like to know ur last asking price payment will be on paypal if you are ok i will like you to give me you paypal Id for me to send the payment to you.
thanks
Doris.

This was the first.
ZorkZork69
US (NJ) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 236
Date of Birth: 1983-04-26
Total Earnings: $306.51
You request the money from him. Take the money out of your paypal to your bank. Then if he tries to get his money back it won't be there. He can always try and file a dispute but you will be alerted that he did and you get a say in it. So just provide screenshots if he does that.
gedney
UK diamond
Master Of Posts
Total posts: 10144
he will only need your user name on paypal which would be your e-mail for the account so there shouldnt need to worry as he would need your password to gain access to your account as i said when he has paid ship it out 24-48 hrs after payment has cleared (remove funds from account) and send recorded delivery
AndrewTroy
US (IL) gold
Total posts: 1040
Date of Birth: 1980-02-07
Total Earnings: $313.29
cash solves all problems

You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom