This is how mine looked after the update. Luckily I am slowly bringing my sites back from the depths of Google. I was on page 30 two days ago and I am now back up at page 7. Bearing in mind I was page 1 rank 1.
So what's in the new update? a.k.a. The penguin update Here's a Link to explain it all.
Google also re-ran the panda 3.4 update. I seem to have found just what exactly Google is penalising on. So if anyone is in the same predicament as me, please speak up and together we can work your sites back before it's too late and they are removed.
I don't really think I should mention this here as it may spark questions, but it seems to me that negative SEO is on the up. Even though it is legal, I highly recommend you do NOT do it. It'd down right nasty. The reason I am saying this, is because S.E.O. companies are starting to offer services like this. I read a story on a forum about how 1 person totally destroyed a successful company website using these tactics.
Finally, here are some tips from Google themselves:
There are 8 “specific guidelines”. They are (verbatim):
1. Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
2. Don’t use cloaking or sneaky redirects.
3. Don’t send automated queries to Google.
4. Don’t load pages with irrelevant keywords.
5. Don’t create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
6. Don’t create pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware.
7. Avoid “doorway” pages created just for search engines, or other “cookie cutter” approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
8. If your site participates in an affiliate program, make sure that your site adds value. Provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.
Pay attention to number 8!
There are other things that I see have been taken into the ranking proccess that are not mentioned. If you want to know more, post below or PM/Chat me.
Hope this helps a little bit and I will be around more the next few days while I work on my sites (And new ones)
**EDIT** Don't let the penguin get you!