More options
Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Difference in UK an US points
Created: 2012-04-28 17:23:24
shadycush
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Total posts: 48
Total Earnings: $451.22
This is realy bugging me.. Why is it that we all have to earn the same amount of points in order to rank. But yet we in the UK are getting less points for our offers than the US ??

For instance, Bigfish games gives US members 900 points
But gives UK members 432 points, for the same offer that we pay the same ammout of cash to complete ??

Another i noticed..

Netflix gives US over 800 points.
But pays out only 432 points to UK members ??

Is this really fair ??
I dont think it is !
Shady Baby :-p
wafi
US (GA) diamond
Junior Poster
Total posts: 58
Total Earnings: $982.65
uk currency is higher in value than usa :p
2010-02-19 22:01:24
shadycush
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Still dont add up..
From bigfish games, uk gets $4.32 back.. Converted to GBP = £2.66
From same offer, usa gets $9.00 back.. Converted to GBP = £5.55
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $748.92
I complained about this, the honour levels we're fine till they were changed, but Canada have less offers, so it's "apparently" balanced out
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3317.94
It doesn't really matter about the conversion rate because it doesn't really come into play. No matter how unfair it seems to anyone, nobody on P2S sets the amount paid out from offers. The advertisers do that. If you want to blame anyone, blame them. External offers, P2S doesn't even have direct contact with advertisers. As for the honor levels seeming unfair, we've discussed that quite a bit in a few threads in the forum. The reason it was raised for you is because statistics were valuated site-wide and UK members earn the same amount as US members. If you want to read that explanation from admin, you can do so here: Unfair honor levels

Really you're just comparing the offers that are alike and seem lower for you, not looking at other offers and considering you might have higher paying offers than we do in US. For example, the US Opinion Surveys daily only pays out $0.55 opposed to your UK Opinion Surveys which pays out $1. You can earn double the amount daily from this one survey than we can. Some offer categories even offer different payouts if you go through them all and compare them so make sure you do that before completing a paid offer.
-
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
I complained about this, the honour levels we're fine till they were changed, but Canada have less offers, so it's "apparently" balanced outrhyswestern97
As I posted your thread in my previous post, it didn't have to do with Canada at all.
You guys earn just as much as we do and have the same opportunity.
-
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $748.92
As I posted your thread in my previous post, it didn't have to do with Canada at all.
You guys earn just as much as we do and have the same opportunity.chevychic255

oh, sorry, that part was from a support ticket i sent about it mixed with something someone said in the shoutbox. :)
shadycush
UK platinum
Used to the forums
I understand that there external an p2s dont controll them.
I was just a little shocked when i found out they pay more in us than uk.

To be real, i actually managed to get the netflix offer befor it got reduced by half :p

I just wanted a little rant about it :lol:

Can be locked now if you wish :)
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
oh, sorry, that part was from a support ticket i sent about it mixed with something someone said in the shoutbox.rhyswestern97
No need to apologize. ;) I was just explaining why, lol.

shadycush, lol. It happens, just gotta work with what we get. Others might want to discuss this topic too so I don't see a need to lock your thread. I'll keep it open for discussion. :)
-
shadycush
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Alrighty then ;)

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom