1 2
Created: 2012-04-06 16:02:59
pshi
US (CT) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 214
Total Earnings: $4280.4
I got this crazy idea a few days ago, but never posted it here, so here it is:

Fist, a user would go up to the task bar, and find "Bank" or something of that sort. Then, a user would deposite how many points they would like to put in ( would be an 100 point fee ). at the end of the month, the user would get his points back. But - there would be some added on. here is the math -

points put in /3 - (Days not active * 55 ).

Here's an example.

A user puts in 1000 points, and did not go on P2S for 2 days within the 30 day period of time. they would then get back 1223 points.

But, if you aren't on for the whole month, your points in the "bank" get erased. The same goes if the days not active * 55 are larger than the points originally put in.

But wait there's more!...

There will be 2 options that go with this. You can:

a. choose the 100 point fee, and if the days you aren't on * 55 are over the points you put in, those points get erased.

b. Same as above, except there is only a 50 point fee, and if the days you arent on * 55 are greater than the points you put in, you have to have some points taken away from you.

An example for B -

A user has 1012 points, and puts 1000 in the bank for a fee of 50 points, so 950 points go in. Lets say this user isn't active for 20 days. 20 * 55 is 1100, so not only would he get back 0 points, but he would have -138 points in his current balance.

As you can see, this program is a risk, and plus, it would force the user to go on every single day. The numbers can be tweaked as well. Thanks for listening!
Pshi
scottuk
UK elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 998
Date of Birth: 1988-08-26
Maybe I'm missing the point, so the idea is to deposit points and allow them to build interest then withdraw from bank and be x amount of points +

If that's right then it's an impossible thing to fund,
OK imagine 3 million members getting points for free just because there in a bank,

You wouldn't need to do offers, and this will kill the site within days,
Nice idea not trying to dishearten you, but on a big scale and this site is a big scale, the amount of money this site would lose would be insane

Now if they where to make a bank where lets say users can deposit funds at a 100 point fee and they stay locked for 30 days, so like a savings account which forces you to save for your item, this would work, but the idea of gaining interest on points is crazy. Thanks for the post
Regards
S.
I Love My Refs
pshi
US (CT) elite
Senior Poster
@scottuk

You missed an important part :/
It is based on how many days you stay on. If you even miss 2 days, a major chunk of your points are gone. So if you miss 5, You'll end up owing the site hundreds of points.
Pshi
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $748.92
Yeah, but who is going to put 1000 points in, then not return for a few days? Where would Points2shop get the money from for this? :)
scottuk
UK elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 998
Date of Birth: 1988-08-26
This has as much chance at being added as a $5 daily log in bonus,
In fact a $5 daily log in bonus will probably prove cheaper for them.

Nice idea like I said before, just not practical for the site
I Love My Refs
dawsonxrobbins
US (NV) platinum
Total posts: 1062
good idea i would get more points
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $748.92
Yes, but Points2Shop would lose Alot of money doing this :)
pshi
US (CT) elite
Senior Poster
Not if you are out the next day, ANY day during the course of the 30 days. and like I said, the numbers could be tweaked to make it better.
Pshi
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
What's the point? This isn't a bank, it's a GPT site. Sounds like a horrible idea so members lose their points, or worse have negative earnings, if they're not active or something comes up and they're not able to log in just one day during that course. I don't know why anyone would want to use this. If I saw this feature on a site that I knew hardly nothing about, I would automatically think "Yeah, this site is just trying to scam people out of their earnings". Also why would P2S care about holding your earnings anyway and give you interest for it? It doesn't benefit them to hold your earnings. Just doesn't make sense, and I agree with scottuk, it's not a practical idea.
-
kkrulez64
US (FL) legend
Old Forum User
Total posts: 3874
Date of Birth: 1988-03-02
Total Earnings: $3196.14
Won't happen. Those interest points has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is P2S. They would be losing money. Recently, I had almost 6,000 points on my account for nearly a year and a half because I quit doing offers and had nothing I wanted to spend the points on BUT I logged onto the site almost everyday. Imagine the amount of interest I would have gotten if I had deposited those points in this "bank." Also, knowing that you would lose points for not logging in for a day would cause people to not miss a single day. No one is going to risk losing points. This interest system wouldn't profit P2S at all. It would only take away money from them.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom