More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » revise to links in shoutbox
Created: 2012-04-01 17:51:42
malanof5
US (IL) platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 90
Total Earnings: $271.52
Like to keep it from being abused how about only gold and above members can use links and below gold links are blocked from them to use, that would make it so our trusted members don't abuse it sense most new members abuse it.

Poll: do you want this revise?

Yes
No
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
deshuna901
US (TN) diamond
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 343
Total Earnings: $2640.58
I totally agree. I've muted the same person from shout under at least 5 different usernames for spamming their ref link to another site.
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $689.3
i gonna say yes, however even some gold and platinum can't be trusted. so platinum+ or elite+ might be better
malanof5
US (IL) platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 90
Total Earnings: $271.52
i gonna say yes, however even some gold and platinum can't be trusted. so platinum+ or elite+ might be betterrhyswestern97

I totally agree with plat and above because iv seen some gold people spamming
bavinok
US (PA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 103
Date of Birth: 1975-08-21
Total Earnings: $751.24
I believe anything above new user would help.
chevychic255
US (FL) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3302.29
New members already cannot post links in the shoutbox. Let's not go overboard and get too strict. We just now started allowing external links in the shoutbox and it's fine like it is. Unfortunately some things will still be posted but gold + can delete those comments anyway. I had to vote no.

Hm seems new members can post them again. It would be good if new members couldn't post links again (excluding points2shop/cashle or Amazon links). Since your suggestion is to limit links to Gold+ then my "No' vote still stands.
-
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1683.56
New members already cannot post links in the shoutbox. Let's not go overboard and get too strict. We just now started allowing external links in the shoutbox and it's fine like it is. Unfortunately some things will still be posted but gold + can delete those comments anyway. I had to vote no.

Hm seems new members can post them again. It would be good if new members couldn't post links again (excluding points2shop/cashle or Amazon links). Since your suggestion is to limit links to Gold+ then my "No' vote still stands.chevychic255

We will enable it again. It caused some problems, but we will address those later this week.
Nightshade3
US gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 125
Why don't you guys just give longer mutes? Like:

1 day
3 days
1 week
Permanent (but can be appealed)

People you mute just go play Xbox for an hour or something, then come back to spam again.
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $689.3
People you mute just go play Xbox for an hour or something, then come back to spam again. Nightshade3

Muted people can still do stuff around the site, just not shoutbox and forums i think, and they just make new accounts anyway to spam.
chevychic255
US (FL) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3302.29

Alright Mat. Thanks for the update. :) Hope you get the issues fixed.

Why don't you guys just give longer mutes?Nightshade3
If you notice someone continuously spamming, then returning again to do the same thing then send a ticket and let the admin handle it. They'll review their behavior and take care of it.
-

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom