More options
Points2Shop Forums » P2S Surveys and Offers » Download Offers with Viruses in them
Created: 2012-03-19 06:15:12
neosnake
UK gold
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 20
Date of Birth: 1988-06-07
Total Earnings: $77.59
Because I am using Kasperkey antivirus software it picks up the offers that have ad ware attached to them, it also prevents me from installing them period. So to help others from getting viruses on their computers i will make a list of the offers here that you should avoid like the plague.

Frets on Fire USA, UK

Open Office (US,UK) proof:

Will post more soon
>>NEOSNAKE<
chevybow
US (CT) diamond
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1496
Date of Birth: 1996-11-04
Total Earnings: $1266.87
Theres a difference between adware and viruses. I had adware on my computer for a day or two because of an offer and i didnt really mind much, it doesnt really do anything to your computer. Most of the download offers here do have adware which is why you should use a vm or sandbox. I dont really see the point in this thread since just about every offer has adware. Maybe if you find a rare offer that has an actual virus on it.....

Also Kasperkey wont be as reliable as virus total.
neosnake
UK gold
Getting Chatty
actualy only a few had adware on them, and adware can actualy be really be bad look here: http://www.kaspersky.com/threats_faq#adware. i personaly dont want pop-up banners and so forth spaming my screen ;)
>>NEOSNAKE<
chevybow
US (CT) diamond
actualy only a few had adware on them, and adware can actualy be really be bad look here: http://www.kaspersky.com/threats_faq#adware. i personaly dont want pop-up banners and so forth spaming my screenneosnake

Ive had 1 offer that had "bad" adware. And its not really bad it can just be annoying. If you have the right tools you can easily get rid of it from your computer. And you might not want it, but they pay you to download them for a reason. Nielson has spyware which they themselves advertise that they do. The safest downloads that dont have adware i believe are free ride games.

My point: Rarely adware will EVER spam your screen. I occasionally saw a few ads on my browser due to adware. Thats pretty much all. And be aware that kaspersky can generate false positives which is why you should scan with tools such as htmanpro and malwarebytes or upload the file to virus total.
neosnake
UK gold
Getting Chatty
If you don't like this forum post don't read it and don't post to it simple, but I am sure other people without any advance computer skills would appreciate it -.-
>>NEOSNAKE<
chevybow
US (CT) diamond
Lmao i was just giving advice :)

If you want to post every single download offer in a forum post though, go right ahead.
Bengood
US (WA) gold
Used to the forums
Total posts: 41
Date of Birth: 1994-06-04
Total Earnings: $72.24
I've gotten a virus from downloading too.
There was this one download offer called "Free download manager" and after installing it my computer was super laggy for for a couple of days and lord behold my anti virus detector found a virus. I know the virus came with it and the virus was the cause of this lag.

On the other hand Free download manager is a great program the has some awesome features and has definitely has been useful.

I have downloaded other software that came with ad-ware but this was the time I got a virus from here.

*(if still unclear the virus is gone and I still have the program)
phatgreendog
US (FL) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 120
Date of Birth: 1981-12-08
Total Earnings: $798.88
this has been posted numerous times but if you are doing download offers you should be using a program called Sandboxie this is the site http://www.sandboxie.com basically it makes a small virtual sandbox on your computer and when you run a program in it, it keeps everything contained in it (the program,toolbars,search engine hacks ect.) then when you are finished with the offer you empty the sandbox and get rid of everything with no actual changes being made to your computer.

This is a slightly better option than posting that offers have viruses in them. Posts like this can deter new members from the site thinking its not safe. and as mentioned above most of its adware that yes will slow down your computer but is not overly malicious and 9 times out of 10 you agreed to download it during the course of the offer.
"
Stijn1234
BE admin
Master Of Posts
Total posts: 10401
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $196.84
Excellent advice from phatgreendog :)

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom