More options
Points2Shop Forums » News, Announcements & Contests » Changes to referral system
1 2
Created: 2012-01-28 12:01:04
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5663
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2448.86
This is a copy of the PM that most members received

Hello everybody,

During our recent changes to the referral system, we noticed that there was a slight issue with the promoter system and the offer completion bonus. Members were gaining the 50c bonus from referrals who only completed a 1c offer (video offer or daily clicks etc) which, while not only being unprofitable, also led to many members abusing this and creating "false" referrals.

As a result, we have disabled the offer completion bonus for all 1-2c offers; We understand however that this will affect all promoters, causing some of you to experience a slight drop in earnings from legitimate traffic. Therefore we have decided to implement a new bonus, payable to promoters with high-quality traffic. This bonus will be called the "High Quality Bonus" and will be trialed for a week. After the trial period is over, we will check how the changes are affecting people and review the changes if needed.

This bonus will be variable up to a maximum of 50c per ref, based on the earnings of your referrals. This brings the total possible earnings to $1.50 per active referral. We hope that this will not only provide a further incentive for getting active referrals, but also help compensate for the loss of earnings experienced by some of you during this change.

We would encourage you all to inform your referrals to complete an offer which is higher in payment upon registration (Usamp, Tasks, the Reward TV offer for example is a great one to start with). This will allow your new referrals to see how the main offers work and also qualify you for the bonuses, increasing your own earnings. Due to these changes those of you who tell your refs to complete an easy high paying offer will be rewarded more than people who just send their refs to 1 point clicks. The more your refs earn, the higher your "High Quality Bonus" will be!

We hope that these changes will help you all maximise your earning potential!

Many thanks and happy referring!

The Points2Shop team
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
DelayedHappiness
US (CA) new
My first post
Total posts: 5
Date of Birth: 1990-08-12
Total Earnings: $4.91
This referral system is just fabulous, I have to say I love the statistics. I was wondering if we could get a simple "tracker" for all the different urls that are coming in.
NYY1313
US (AZ) elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2405
Date of Birth: 1994-02-03
Total Earnings: $3792.97
This referral system is just fabulous, I have to say I love the statistics. I was wondering if we could get a simple "tracker" for all the different urls that are coming in.DelayedHappiness

look around and youll find a lot of stuff about the site. http://www.points2shop.com/referrals/tracking
DhruboTO
BD new
My first post
Total posts: 2
Date of Birth: 1995-07-08
Total Earnings: $0.68
wow nice gzzz
Migueliscool
US (CA) elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 974
Total Earnings: $9902.62
I haven't seen any change on my profit with the new referral system. oh well not gonna complain about it
lordallen080
PH new
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: 1995-09-08
Total Earnings: $0.89
why there's no survey in the philippines pls answer me ....
lordallen080
This post has been deleted.
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5663
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2448.86
The site adds offers as they become available by the advertisers and unfortunately your area may not have any advertisers willing to advertise on Points2shop.
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
Crosswin7
This post has been deleted.
gabypucho
US (FL) silver
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 313
Date of Birth: 1984-02-11