More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Important suggestion!
Created: 2012-01-13 15:18:49
DarkusLord
US (MO) elite
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 331
Total Earnings: $571.73
hey, I have a suggestion that I think would be awesome and very helpful if it can be made. I usually want something off ebay, but since I don't have a paypal atm, i can't get it. It would be awesome to order an ebay gift card from here to get one, but it ends in say 2 days, and I know the gift card wont even approve by then.. What I suggest is an option to pay a bit more (like 300-500 points) to get one day approval. It would help alot with things we need in a rush :) any thoughts? this is mainly up to what the admins want to do since they approve offers, but it's an idea :D
If you take the time to know me, then you'll know me.
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5661
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2443.31
Its a good idea but then people will complain if their order doesn't approve on time or approves too late.

Also for this to work an admin would need to keep a much closer eye on when the order was placed and if the user paid extra.
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.77
I don't think this would be a good idea at all. then we'd just be offering "priority" to the members who can pay for it, increasing waiting times for everyone who maybe doesn't need/want or can afford it. It would only see members getting frustrated that their orders are taking longer than others and may end up leaving the site because of it.

Sorry, but no, I don't see how making some members' orders "more important" than others is good for the site.
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
DarkusLord
US (MO) elite
Am I spamming?
agm, I think it should be like where you click "pay 100 (or 500) points extra" there should be an option like "pay 500 points for one day approval"

the price shouldn't really change in one day and the admins could just mass approve all the orders with that feature that were ordered the previous day
DarkusLord
US (MO) elite
Am I spamming?
lacri, I don't mean making them more important :o I was just thinking it to be something like "one day shipping" just with approvals.... They could have one admin for the one day approval ones, so the others can focus on the others? I'm not really sure how that works.
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.77
lacri, I don't mean making them more importantI was just thinking it to be something like "one day shipping" just with approvals.... They could have one admin for the one day approval ones, so the others can focus on the others? I'm not really sure how that works.DarkusLord

Well, you're saying that if we pay extra, we should have orders approved within a day- that does by definition prioritize them and make them more important and bump them higher up on the list. one day shipping is entirely different as that's a service offered by the postal system and doesn't affect everyone else's orders.

In addition, having one admin working on one-day approvals won't really work either as we have separate admin for amazon orders, gift card orders etc etc. and that won't overly solve the issue of some people ordering things and having them approve.

Lets say, for example there's one xbox on sale on amazon

New user, saves 12000 points for an xbox and orders on the 23rd jan.
Elite member has 12500 points, buys an xbox on the 25th Jan and pays extra 500 for 1 day approval.

The elite member would have his order approved ahead of the new user, causing the newer user to miss out on an item they were saving for JUST because the Elite member had more points and the admin made HIS order more important and higher priority than the new user just because they paid for it.

I don't see how that is fair in any way, and that new user will probably leave the site due to the "unfair" system that would have been the cause of their denial.

Okay, so this probably wouldn't happen to such an extreme, but what if you were that member who had been saving for a very long time and missed out because someone else was more experienced at the site and wanted to get there before anyone else?

Members already complain about the "long approval time" on orders (specially over the weekends) and 3 days isn't even that much!

You have to look at it from a newer user's point of view. 3 days isn't that long for approval and noone should be given higher priority over someone else just because they have the extra points for it.
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
DarkusLord
US (MO) elite
Am I spamming?
lacri, oh, I never thought about that :o that would be a real issue :cry: nevermind then. I see there is a serious flaw in the plan :facepalm:

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom