Created: 2011-11-10 08:27:46
countessramsey
US (NC) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 235
Date of Birth: 1991-09-28
Total Earnings: $890.47
The Legend:
While renovating an old building, a construction worker pulls down a wall and finds himself face to face with a human skeleton. It's identified as the body of some person who'd vanished years before. Like a real-life The Casque of Amontillado, the poor guy had been walled in and never heard from again. While his family searched for him, he was just feet away, trapped, then rotting, then presumably making a spooky sound as the wind whistled through his bones. OK, but clearly this one is crazy. How does someone get trapped in a not abandoned building without anyone noticing? Wouldn't they hear his cries for help? This scary story isn't really very well thought out, is it?

The Truth:
The Abeville National Bank had always used the second floor of their building for storage, but when they found themselves in need of some office space, a crew of construction workers began renovating the second level. When one of them removed a metal plate that had been fastened to the wall, they discovered a long out of use fireplace containing a pile of old rags and tiny bones at the bottom.
Any hopes that these were merely left over from the days when it was customary for rich bankers to use orphans as kindling were quickly dashed when the remainder of an adult skeleton was found just above the fireplace in the narrow flue. Through DNA testing, the remains were identified as those of Joseph Schexnider.

Thanks to being on the mostly abandoned floor, his body wasn't discovered when he got stuck in the walls of the local bank, nore was it discovered when he started to stink up the joint. In fact, he had been wedged behind the brick walls of the bank for 27 freaking years as his friends and fellow townspeople did their banking below. So yeah, add "your neighbor who went missing may be decomposing somewhere in the building" to the list of reasons why you hate going to the bank.
We may never know exactly why Schexnider decided to crawl into the chimney space of the local bank. One thing we do know is that space isn't the only place they can't hear you scream.
Some are born to Sweet Delight, Others are born to Endless Night ♥ - The Broke Goth
Robotspot
US platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 103
Date of Birth: 1993-09-02
Where do you read these stories? They're deeply disturbing... But so interesting! I'm all like "ohhh, what happened", then afterwards I wish I didn't read it. But I gotta know! :lol:
Anyone know these two?
countessramsey
US (NC) elite
Senior Poster

Cracked.com

Where do you read these stories? They're deeply disturbing... But so interesting! I'm all like "ohhh, what happened", then afterwards I wish I didn't read it. But I gotta know!Robotspot
Some are born to Sweet Delight, Others are born to Endless Night ♥ - The Broke Goth
Robotspot
US platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 103
Date of Birth: 1993-09-02
Cracked.comcountessramsey

Oh, you shouldn't have told me that.. This looks like one of those websites that I'll spend hours on, reading something, and then getting sidetracked by another article, and another. It doesn't really even matter, but does the site have pop-ups?
Anyone know these two?
countessramsey
US (NC) elite
Senior Poster

No.and that happens to me...

Oh, you shouldn't have told me that.. This looks like one of those websites that I'll spend hours on, reading something, and then getting sidetracked by another article, and another. It doesn't really even matter, but does the site have pop-ups?Robotspot

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom