More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Referral guide "Shotgun" help?
Created: 2011-10-14 02:42:14
Zennmaster
US (OR) platinum
New Poster
Total posts: 14
Total Earnings: $375.55
Hi all!

I've been trying to set up a Shotgun network as described by Jacob Arensus in the excellent Referral Guide, and I seem to be short on success, and I'm hoping someone who's good at this can help me out.

I have a main hub:

http://freexbox360points.info

2 secondary hubs on Weebly:

http://freexboxandplaystationpoints.weebly.com/
http://freechristmasshopping.weebly.com/

An article on Triond:

http://webupon.com/web-talk/do-your-holiday-shopping-on-amazon-com-free-a-step-by-step-guide/

and three Youtube videos that link to the primary hub in the descriptions.

So far, I have exactly zero referrals from this network. One of the YT videos has been "boosted" so it has some views, but it hasn't driven anyone to the main hub.

According to StatCounter, none of the hubs have any hits at all, and the Triond article has just 1 view, which I assume was from when I looked at it right after it was published.

Of course, I won't be doing any spamming, and I'd like to stay away from FB.

If someone could offer any insight into what I'm doing wrong, I'd sure appreciate it! The network has been in place for about 10 days, and I know that's really new, but it seems like SOMETHING should have gotten at least 1 hit by now. Right?

Thanks VERY much in advance!

-Z
Silentfire
US (CA) elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1063
Date of Birth: 1992-11-18
Total Earnings: $574.53
there is a lot missing from that guide =\ try looking around for blogs with similar niche's and posting on them for backlinks.. as well as for your secondary hubs to help those get up as well... also make sure they get indexed and use webmasters /analytics to see how they are doing :)

also if you have no backlinks and aren't indexed/ranked it would be pretty hard to get any traffic :p
JacobArensus
UK elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 884
Total Earnings: $6590.84
there is a lot missing from that guide =\ try looking around for blogs with similar niche's and posting on them for backlinks.. as well as for your secondary hubs to help those get up as well... also make sure they get indexed and use webmasters /analytics to see how they are doing

also if you have no backlinks and aren't indexed/ranked it would be pretty hard to get any trafficSilentfire

It says precisely what you are talking about in the guide. The guide is not lacking, what is lacking is the patience for readers to read it. It is clear however, that he has read it so I will assist:

In regards to his question however, when implementing Triond, do not think its a single fire-and-forget mission. It is very easy to write Triond articles as they can be very short. I recommend writing 1/day at minimum, for as long as you can. AT MINIMUM this creates pathways to your hubs along with those valuable backlinks that search engines love. Getting referrals is work, but using Triond makes it quite simple once you have your hubs up as it provides (at minimum again) valuable, indexed, backlinks to your websites. It also provides another income stream as mentioned in the guide. Get creative... put an "about the author" at the end of each one of your Triond articles, and link to your "sponsors" who happen to be your referral hubs! That way, each article you write becomes a traffic booster on many different levels.

Once you get a bunch going, feel free to try the Triendster Demo in this forum. It is an automated solution for Triond, but it really helps if you are keeping active with triond.

For EVERYONE that is using Triond along with Triendster and/or the Guide, write more than 1 article. Don't fool yourself. One article isn't going to cut it unless you get lucky. Sit down, take 10 minutes each day and pound out another. Write one each day for as long as you can. Or write as many as you can each day for that matter. It only can help. I write one while having my morning coffee. Once one is accepted, all the others will flow in as well. And all your hubs, including your mains, will benefit.
Zennmaster
US (OR) platinum
New Poster
Total posts: 14
Total Earnings: $375.55
JacobArensus -

Thank you very much!

That makes complete sense.

Also, quick update:

Maybe it was from this thread, but my Triond article has actually gotten a couple of hits, so it looks like things are starting to move. Of course, i will be cranking out many more right away!

Thanks again for your help.
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
I completely support Jacob and the guide- it's something I've put in place for myself and it's working REALLY well for me! I have my main site, 2 smaller sites and a whole host of triond articles etc

I've been backlinking etc and I'm not getting approx 3-5 refs per day without even doing anything. I've not written a Triond article in over 6 months and my site is STILL going strong.

Just remember - the more you do NOW, the less there is to do later ;)

Make sure your sites are well maintained within the first few months at least and reply to comments etc on your youtube vids. Search spiders LOVE activity- the more you update your site, the higher it ranks.

Don't forget your anchored backlinks too- these target your keywords and rank your sites even higher!
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
sk8erpizimp
US (OR) diamond
Junior Poster
Total posts: 62
Total Earnings: $13423.5
Will someone send me the shotgun guide to my inbox, it wont let me download with my computer?
Hey hey hey

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom