Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Referring runs low
Created: 2011-09-16 19:22:33
xyrthe
US (AK) gold
New Poster
Total posts: 9
Date of Birth: 1992-09-02
Total Earnings: $150.96
Not 100% this belongs in this forum but it is about refferals.

Ok so here's a strange question. what if, in the future, all the people in the world are referred to p2s (or cashle)? Like for new users who would be referred at that time, would never get the promoting levels or even the merit quests, since no one else is left, right? So, what would happen if that time came? Like I said, strange question.

(P.S) I hope this post can apply to this forum, sorry mods if it doesn't though
2011-01-29 18:34:03
YoungSpiffy
US platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 115
Total Earnings: $2575.05
there is always new people in the world and new houses etc
Evertw
NO elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1115
Date of Birth: 1993-02-03
Not 100% this belongs in this forum but it is about refferals.

Ok so here's a strange question. what if, in the future, all the people in the world are referred to p2s (or cashle)? Like for new users who would be referred at that time, would never get the promoting levels or even the merit quests, since no one else is left, right? So, what would happen if that time came? Like I said, strange question.

(P.S) I hope this post can apply to this forum, sorry mods if it doesn't thoughxyrthe

I'll put this into perspective. No site has 1 billion registered members. There are six billion, closing on 7 billion in world population. P2S does not strike me as a site which would ever reach 1 billion members even. Even if given 50 years I doubt it would surpass that amount of members. I doubt any site for that matter will reach 1 billion members in 50 years.
connorconway
UK elite
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2671
Date of Birth: 1992-06-30
Total Earnings: $681.94
Ok so here's a strange question. what if, in the future, all the people in the world are referred to p2s (or cashle)? Like for new users who would be referred at that time, would never get the promoting levels or even the merit quests, since no one else is left, right? So, what would happen if that time came? Like I said, strange question.xyrthe

In theory this is completely possible so long as the rate at which referrers refer grows exponentially to the total amount of referrers; so that the total new members per day > total world population reaching 13+ on that day.
Also, eventually (again, in theory) every IP address WILL be used as there can only possibly be 4,294,967,296 different combinations of IP numbers.

The internet hasn't been around long enough for the rate of growth to become that vast, so it's a possibility that sites like this could become extinct in say 100, 200, or 300 years ^_^

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom