Created: 2011-09-09 15:31:46
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
Hello everyone!

It’s that time of year again where we all start thinking about the holidays and after last year’s success, we are happy to tell you all that we will be running a “Secret Santa” event!

The Secret Santa is a gift giving event, during which, all participants will send a gift to another. We have been running a poll to gather your thoughts and can now reveal the outcome of this poll along with a brief outline of the event with more details to follow in the coming weeks!

Here at p2s, we appreciate that not all of our members celebrate Christmas and would like to make it clear that this event is NOT restricted in anyway and members of any religion may participate in this event, whether they celebrate Christmas or not. We have simply named the event as such given that the majority of our members do celebrate in some small way and we hope that those of you who do not celebrate Christmas also consider taking part for the fun, community aspects!

First of all, a brief outline of how the event will run:

○ This event is being run by Lacrimosaangel, supported by the admin team.
○ We will have a signup period where you will need to register your interest, during which time, you will have the option of telling us whether you will be willing to ship internationally. This will not be compulsory and at your own discretion.
○ Once signup is complete, we will randomly assign you a member to whom you will send a REAL gift -NOT POINTS.
○ You must purchase this gift by yourself and not place orders via points2shop as p2s cannot guarantee that deliveries will be made in time for you to ship nor can you order products and send it to any other address but your own! We also like to point out that any increase in orders due to this event will place excess workload on our order admins and may delay the approval of your regular orders.
○ Gifts MUST be posted by the date given (tbc) as we would like to ensure that all gifts arrive in plenty of time.
○ In return, you will receive a gift from another member, chosen at random.
○ All gifts will be of near equal value.
○ You will NOT know who is sending you a gift until you open it on Christmas day!
○ We will NOT be giving you the username of the person to whom you are sending as we feel that this would lead to members trying to discern who is sending to whom.

We hope that an event such as this will not only be fun, but may also increase a sense of community and we can get to know each other a little better. In order to keep this as safe and as fun as possible, there are some rules which will need to be followed:

This event is limited to GOLD + members only. Any member who is NOT gold honour level or above at the time that sign-up is announced will not be allowed to participate. We are limiting this event to gold and above in the hopes that as higher honour members, they will prove more responsible. Any failure to follow these rules can result in being banned from future events and contests.

We reserve the right to remove anyone from the event should there be cause to suspect members are in breach of the t&c; of points2shop.

By participating in Secret Santa, you are agreeing that you will send a gift to another of our members, who will be chosen at random.

The sign up period will be announced shortly, along with further information regarding gifts, postage etc.

Please stay tuned for more information!
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
cmw1612
US (TX) admin
Points2Helper
Total posts: 6393
Total Earnings: $5943.72
oh yeah!!!! I'm game
dave7x7
US (TX) diamond
Half way there
Total posts: 677
Date of Birth: 1980-11-02
Total Earnings: $6279.52
awesome :) <3
2010-05-19 16:00:59
LDParker76
US legend
Total posts: 1813
Date of Birth: 1984-11-09
Total Earnings: $3175.42
This was so much fun last year - Can't wait to do it again!
Stijn1234
BE admin
Master Of Posts
Total posts: 10396
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $194.51
Hohoho, Merry Christmas everyone!! :p
DuckLikeDaffi
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Total posts: 31
Date of Birth: 1989-06-15
Total Earnings: $303.06
Hi Sounds Great.
Was wondering what sort of giftys everyone got last time.
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator

Hey! That's my line! :p

Hohoho, Merry Christmas everyone!!Stijn1234

hehe ;) I've been playing Christmas music all day >_<

Hi Sounds Great.
Was wondering what sort of giftys everyone got last time.DuckLikeDaffi

I sent a chalkboard mug to my recipient last year ^_^ I hope he liked it :p
DuckLikeDaffi
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Total posts: 31
Date of Birth: 1989-06-15
Total Earnings: $303.06
Sounds Cool.
Wish i had been around last time its one of the best ideas for an online community ive seen for a long time.:)
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Sounds Cool.
Wish i had been around last time its one of the best ideas for an online community ive seen for a long time.DuckLikeDaffi

Lol! thanks :D was a huge success this year! we had a lot of fun with it ^_^
MaSuAnime
US (MO) gold
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 21
Date of Birth: 1988-08-08
Total Earnings: $447.97
Sounds epic!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You are not logged in.

Chat History