1 2 3
Created: 2011-08-23 14:57:00
Adam47Qpzm
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Total posts: 37
Date of Birth: 1995-08-29
Total Earnings: $57.04
Has anyone noticed how the shoutbox "Bot" doesn't work?

Whenever new users have a common question, Bot is silent.

However, should someone with an honour rank of Gold+ say something like "hi im new", Bot can always be counted on to pop up with the helpful quick response.

Why is this? Shouldn't it be the other way round, Bot only answers questions from people BELOW gold rank, not above?

Or maybe he's just there for the entertainment purpose.
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
No. Bot is triggered by words that are used and isn't limited to an honour level. I find it odd that a Gold or above would even say that so obviously they know it's a trigger and just spamming the bot for the heck of it. Maybe the response triggers just need to be edited a bit, but from what I see there are a lot of trigger words for responses.

Kinda would be nice to see the responses limited to the lower honour levels, just for the fact that the higher can and does spam those responses. :)
-
Adam47Qpzm
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Yeah, but that's my point.

I tested it earlier and even using a trigger phrase of "hi im new", wouldn't work. It only worked for the Gold member.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2865
Date of Birth: 1991-05-24
Total Earnings: $2407.51
it wont 'only' work for a gold member.

It was likely the way the ordering of the words were. the bot has specific triggers. As long as they are used in the right way, itll come up
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
Adam47Qpzm
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Here we go. I now have proof.

Here crazymer says "im new". As you can see, Bot doesn't say a word. Fair enough, maybe it's not a trigger.

But, what's this? Should Lacrimosaangel, a diamond member and moderator, say the exact same phrase, Bot is happy to instantly inform her how to earn points/cash.

You see. It didn't tell the new person. Personally, I have NEVER seen Bot talk to a new member. He will even tell P2S Bot if someone posts a forum topic of "hi im new", Bot will respond.
lilneicybaby
US legend
Half way there
Total posts: 695
Date of Birth: 1990-04-18
Total Earnings: $1812.09
yea i have noticed it actually and i've been wondering for the longest why it does that =-\ i thought i was the only one that noticed lol. i mentioned it so many times in the shoutbox before but nobody paid any attention =-\
Adam47Qpzm
UK platinum
Used to the forums
yea i have noticed it actually and i've been wondering for the longest why it does that =-\ i thought i was the only one that noticed lol. i mentioned it so many times in the shoutbox before but nobody paid any attention =-\lilneicybaby

Same. :p I finally got bored of the non-believers, so I decided to post about it. :p
painonlymakesyoustronger
US (NC) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 124
Date of Birth: 1996-05-16
Total Earnings: $170.77
Wow...i believe you adam
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
That is quite odd. If anything, he should respond more to the lower instead of higher. Hopefully it could be changed (r)
-
Adam47Qpzm
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Wow...i believe you adampainonlymakesyoustronger

Thanks. :D

That is quite odd. If anything, he should respond more to the lower instead of higher. Hopefully it could be changedchevychic255

Yeah. Would be more helpful to the new members if it can. :p

1 2 3
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom