1 2
Created: 2011-08-07 02:57:41
thomwim
US (CA) gold
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 17
Date of Birth: 1993-08-12
Total Earnings: $112.14
Despite being born in '93, I can remember shows that are OLDER than ME! Of course, I may have had confusing thoughts while watching PBS, Cartoon Network, Nick, Kids WB, Fox Kids, CBS, or ABC. I had a Darkwing Duck video where I thought he got turned into a bull; it was actually a yak. I remember watching 60s Hanna-Barbera cartoons ("Wally Gator" is my favorite.)
Omniferis
US (AR) new
Senior Poster
Total posts: 161
Date of Birth: 1979-12-19
Total Earnings: $5.83
I was raised in the 80's and remember cartoons that were to radical for today's mainstream mom groups. I miss the good old days.
jimfish
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1380
Total Earnings: $1278.48
And the people born before the 80s bemoan the cartoons of your generation and miss the good old days of television before them, and the people before them miss their television, and the people before them, and the people before them...

Let's face it, 80s cartoons were cheaply and poorly animated, outsourced to Korea, were made as tie-ins to toy lines, and had a cheap moral tacked on the end about friendship and not fighting, despite a whole episode where He-Man, or Duke beats up twenty bad guys and tosses Skeletor about. Hardly radical. Unless I missed a Saturday morning Fritz the Cat cartoon, the 80s weren't radical.

We all suckle on the same cathode-ray nipple of the great glass teat, believing we were raised best, and today's kids don't know what they're missing. Perhaps it's those who dismiss today's programming who don't know what they're missing.
Omniferis
US (AR) new
Senior Poster
Total posts: 161
Date of Birth: 1979-12-19
Total Earnings: $5.83
In the 80's I grew up going from continent to continent. Because of my dad's job, so I watched things that had more of an adult theme to them in the cartoons of my childhood. Especially in South America when we were in Brasil for 3 months.

But yeah I do miss the 90's cartoons, I loved the action from them. You had maybe 3 episodes from some and then they were replaced by a show that lasted 1 episode.
artemisbones
US (OR) gold
New Poster
Total posts: 6
Date of Birth: 1988-05-11
Total Earnings: $169.48
Ditto! I miss what 90s cartoons were and what they could get away with. Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.
2010-03-15 19:02:02
afreepot6969
US (PA) platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 63
Date of Birth: 1985-10-02
Total Earnings: $276.55
i miss watching scoobie doo as a kid :0 . and family matters . steve erkel was great lol
ahmedradwan
EG new
Used to the forums
Total posts: 26
Date of Birth: 1989-01-06
Total Earnings: $5.13
hum... I love the movies and the shows of the 90's more than what we're having nowadays. Things were a lot funnier and better back then.
enigma646
US (IL) silver
New Poster
Total posts: 15
Date of Birth: 1992-01-12
Total Earnings: $21.55
i miss watching classic power rangrs digimon pokemon
yu yu hakusho lupin the third naruto bleach im old now but i love bleach
PanTheMan
US (OR) moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1795
Date of Birth: 1985-12-03
Total Earnings: $441.3
Saturday morning cartoons were the best. None of that politically correct garbage. Every cartoon I see now is educational and friendly. That's no fun for a barbarian like me!
Toxic417
US (CA) new
My first post
Total posts: 3
Date of Birth: 1992-04-11
Total Earnings: $8.85
Greatest era for "Cartoons", all my favorites were in there like:
Mighty Max And Eek The Cat.

Today's stuff is just garbage.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History