What can the team win?
- Teams compete against other teams for the most merits at the end of the month, and team members work together to meet that goal.
- Each month, there is a total of $66 in prizes. The 10 teams with the most merit points will win a share of the points for each of its members!
- The points from the month's team entrance fees are distributed among the members of the winning team, but leaders will receive slightly more points than normal members.
How do I join a team?
- Go to the Teams page and find a team with less than 5 members.
- If there are none, you may want to start your own team or look for someone in the shoutbox advertising a new team.
- Click Join to submit your application for a team; you will need to be approved by the team leader before you become a member of the team.
Is there a limit on the number of team members?
- Yes, no more than 5 members per team.
Is it free to join a team?
- Yes, it is free to join but the team must pay 50 merits to accept you as a new member.
Am I required to join a team?
- No, if you don't want to participate in the contest it is an entirely optional feature.
- However, you cannot earn anything with your merit points unless you join a team.
Can I leave a team?
- Yes, you can leave or you can be kicked out by the leader. Click the Leave Team link on your team page. If you are not accepted as teammember yet you can browse your team in the teamoverview and click on leave there.
- Important: If you start your own team, you will not be able to leave it unless someone is assigned as the leader.
What does a team leader do?
- Team leaders can approve new members to the team, kick people out of the group, and assign a second leader.
- Once you create a team, advertise it in the Compete forum to find valuable new team members!
- It is beneficial to lead a team because team leaders receive slightly more than normal users.
Can a team have more than one leader?
- Yes, a team can have two leaders who can share administrative tasks.
- Before leaving a group, a leader should appoint another leader.
How can I communicate with team members?
- Each team has its own discussion forum, click the "View your team forum" link on your team page.
Can I create my own team?
- Yes, if there are no open teams which appeal to you you can create a new team. You should have at least 20,000 merits or more before creating a team. This will give you a better chance of winning and not just wasting your points if you have a lot less.
Can I join more than one team?
- No, you can only be in one team at a time.
- The end of the month is a good time to choose a new team.
How are merits counted?
- For the weekly team merits contest all merits that are added to the team from thursday to thursday are counted.
- For the monthly team contest all merits that are added to the team from the 6th to the 6th are counted.
- Important: If you add merits to your team just before a monthly contest ends but the weekly is still running your merits will not count for the new monthly contest but only for the old monthly contest and current weekly contest.