Shoutbox collaboration tips
The shoutbox is one of the features that sets Points2Shop apart from the rest. The shoutbox is a great place to get to know your fellow members, and also to ask any questions you may have about the site. Be sure to follow the rules!
In this article...
Collaborating to earn more
The shoutbox can be a very helpful tool to help boost your and others earnings. Share with other members offers that recently approved for you, listen for advice on how to do a specific type of offer, and find people to join your team. Talking with other Points2Shop users is not only fun, but it will also help you to earn more and avoid common account issues!
Helping Other Users
The shoutbox is a great source for new and experienced members to get help.
A Few Ways to Help Users:
- Share offers that have been successful for you.
- Answer questions other members have.
- Engage in conversion with members to make them feel welcome.
- Offer advice, tips and support.
Getting Someone's Attention
When you direct a message to a specific user, they will see a yellow highlight behind the message. It's an easy way to ensure they will notice your message!
There are a few ways to get attention:
- Include the full username in your message. (Type it in or double-click on the members message to auto enter).
- Begin the message with a part of their username (at least 4 letters of their username as the very first word of your message).
- john, what were your quiz results?
- Some common phrases also work with shortened forms of the username, for example, these would all get the attention of "Sampleuser":
- hey sample
- hello samp
- no sampleuser
- yes user
Related Shoutbox Information
Use Of Privileges
Once you reach certain honour levels you will gain special privileges to use in the shoutbox. These are given to members to help out with spam and members who are misbehaving when a moderator or admin is not present in the shout.
- Send Rules - If a member is breaking the shoutbox rules this privilege will send the member the rules to remind them of whats allowed and whats not.
- Remove Comments - This should only be used for removing comments that do not comply with the shoutbox/site rules.
- Communications Block - If a user is constantly breaking the rules and fair warnings have been issued Elite+ members may apply a temporary communications block on the users account which lasts 1 hour. This should be used in extreme cases and only when a moderator or admin are not present in the shoutbox.
All actions are logged and any abuse of any privileges will result in them been taken away.