In this article...
Cause regulations and guidelines
Members can now donate to causes and start their own causes.
How does it work:
Members can start a cause here. Members can use their points to donate to the cause with a minimum of 50 points. Once a certain goal is reached the manager of the cause decides to 'withdraw' the money for the cause. Points2shop will send a check to the specific cause and post a message in the cause description that the payment has been made. The manager of the cause is asked to provide as much information as possible, for example pictures of where they are building water pumps in Africa that they gathered donations for, or a thank you letter. If Points2shop receives any thank you letters this will be forwarded to the manager of the cause.
How does it work:
- All members can start a cause.
- All members can donate.
- Donations cannot be used to become address verified / bronze.
- Donations are not reversible
- Regular forum rules apply for the cause description and comments.
- Donations have to be approved by our administrators first before they show up on the cause page.
- Do not abuse this donation system in any way. Donations to causes can not be used in any way to transfer points into cash. We can permanently block you if we find out you have been doing this.
- Do not post causes that are already there.
- Do NOT start a cause for personal gain!
Useful things to know:
- You can add a cause here.
- Set a realistic goal! This can be a certain amount of money your cause needs, or just the minimum amount you need to be able to make a donation. Having a goal will help you get more donations. Goals of 8000 dollar are not realistic.
- Add a website link to the organization you are donating to.
- Describe your cause clearly! Let members know why it is important for them to donate. Add a picture to make it even more attractive.
- Start only causes that are tax deductible either by the IRS or the UK charity commission. You can find some causes here: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.map or http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/showcharity/registerofcharities/registerhomepage.aspx?&=&
- Communicate! Members who communicate well about what they are gathering money for, how and when they are going to donate it to the cause and how the proof will be provided will gather more points from members for their causes.
- Make sure the cause accept checks. If the cause doesn't allow for the option to send checks you shouldn't start the cause. If for some reason the money can not be donated to the cause Points2shop will find another similar cause to donate to or will donate it to one of the top 5 causes.