Help stop the common spam.

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Help stop the common spam.
Created: 2011-04-30 18:43:15
Silentfire
US (CA) elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1063
Date of Birth: 1992-11-18
Total Earnings: $573.02
reply date: 2011-04-30 18:43:15

There is always a lot of people helping out in chat.. which means a lot of ppl using common replies.. which means common reply spam :o its scary sometimes to see like 4 replies for how to earn points or this site works.. not to mention a person looking to see if the site is real or not would be like... bots -.- and just leave.. think it would be nice to have something to prevent that.. like the fastest person to respond then that common reply have a delay of a few seconds before it can be used again? or just filter it out automatically for a few seconds?

Poll: What do you think?

Yes
No
Maybe So
Impossible
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
Darkninja
US (CA) moderator
Total posts: 1822
reply date: 2011-04-30 18:56:30

yeah i agree it can get annoying but mostly when it happens the others delete the post or i do xD but then some people get mad when there post gets deleted -.-
Silentfire
US (CA) elite
reply date: 2011-04-30 19:04:23

i delete mine too but there r still times where there r like 3 so im like >.> and if i delete one the person usually gets mad at me lol
isk8lakai
US (OR) moderator
Total posts: 2167
Date of Birth: 1966-09-16
Total Earnings: $1323.96
reply date: 2011-04-30 19:19:20

Then don't use the common responses. I don't for that reason because everyone else uses them and I know the person will get like 3-4 of them.
Exar
UK platinum
Total posts: 1503
reply date: 2011-04-30 19:26:43

As far as I know there is a system in place to prevent them from being shown too often. 3 or 4 times I think.

At the end of the day people shouldn't moan about having them removed as it clutters up the place. I delete my commons if someone has posted before me and if anyone after posts the same I will remove it and say I removed it as there was too many replies to the same person.

its only comments being removed not forum posts or something we have spent time to do. So lets not moan about it and be professional. thats just my thoughts though.

Exar
|Facebook Credits Free|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|| Got a ref site? Take part in the Digg (Link) Exchange|Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
Silentfire
US (CA) elite
reply date: 2011-04-30 20:48:40

my quote button isnt working =[

hmm didnt know that exar and i agree ppl shouldnt complain =\ but they do

isk8, sometimes i cant think of what i want off the top of my head so i tend to just use the common responses.. or its a lazy day so i use them a lot haha