Created: 2010-01-26 04:38:24
greenlants
US (VA) diamond
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1751
Date of Birth: 1980-02-29
Total Earnings: $2612.56
reply date: 2010-01-26 04:38:24 last edited on: 2013-07-24 01:51:02

I'm currently working on rewriting the shoutbox rules to add some things that might not be in there, and remove some things that are outdated. What does everyone think should be included in the new Shoutbox Rules? If you're rule is a good one, you might just see it in the new rules! Thanks everyone in advance for your ideas, sorry we can't use them all... :D

Here is a copy of what I have so far so people will know what's already in there. It's almost done I think, so please answer sometime today so I can finish :D

Shoutbox Rules

The P2S Shoutbox is a place for members to ask questions about how the site works, how to complete offers, and other topics related to the site. General conversations are also welcome, however there are rules that must always be followed:

1.Always be respectful of other members. Flaming, name calling, cursing/swearing, and vulgar language is not allowed. Profanity of any type will not be tolerated. This includes putting symbols for curse words such as **** or *&^%$, since they stand for the curse word, and would have the same meaning. Also, rude or derogatory remarks about anyone's race, religion, country, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Please stay away from “major topics” too that might offend other users if they have a different opinion from you such as religion, racism, and talk about drugs. Violators and repeat offenders can and will be given a ban ranging anywhere from an hour up to a full day with or without warning.

2.Points2Shop is a family friendly site that has members as young as 13. This means all conversations must be appropriate for even our younger members, as well as our older members. No "adult", or foul discussion in general will be tolerated. If you need to have this type of discussion with another member, please do so in private message, instant messenger, or email. This will keep your conversations private and not seen by everyone in the shoutbox. Also, Points2Shop/Cashle are not dating sites, please do not try to "pick up" people in the shoutbox.

3.NO SPAM! This includes, but is not limited to: posting gibberish or mixed up characters (example: asdfadsfsdf), posting a link to any website that isn't Points2Shop or a Points2Shop related website (amazon.com would be an acceptable link, since it's Points2Shop related), or asking another user to play you in any type of game. Please use the challenge feature located on the other members profile if you would like to invite friends to play.

4.Sometimes the shoutbox moves quickly, and all questions might not be seen, or answered. Please wait a minute if you don't get a response immediately, everyone is doing their best to help you out. If you repeatedly ask a question, it will be considered spam, and will result in a ban.

5.Discussion of account issues in the shoutbox is NOT ALLOWED. Only the Points2Shop Admin have access to your information, and only they will be able to discuss your account issues with you. This is to be done via support ticket only! Violators will be asked to refrain from discussing their account issues in the shoutbox. If the discussion continues, a ban will be given.

6.Asking other members for points in the shoutbox is NOT ALLOWED. While gold levels users and above can donate points to other gold or above members, this is not something that should be asked for in the shoutbox. If someone wants to donate to you they will, if it's a friend and you're close to earning your prize, you can discuss it with them through instant messenger or email (however DO NOT PM other members on Points2Shop about this, it is considered spam and could get you permanently banned). Members have worked very hard for their points, and to be asked continually by new members to give points away is frustrating. New members CANNOT get points donated to them by other members anyways. Violators who do not stop asking for points in the shoutbox will be given a ban.

Don't forget this rule also applies to asking for anyone to buy you gift cards,xbox live, psn cards, or any items to be given to you.

7.Your order will usually be approved in 1-2 business days (not including holidays). A business day is Monday through Friday. Please don't ask why your order hasn't been approved yet if it has not been 2 business days. If it has been 2 business days, the shoutbox isn't the place to discuss it. Sending in a ticket is the way to go!

8.Do not ask for votes. These votes in no way affect the Admins decision on who they make shoutbox moderators. Also, if you have been truly helpful, a person will vote for you because they appreciate your help! Repeated violations will result in a warning, and then a ban.

9.Discussion of other GPT or money earning sites is not allowed in the shoutbox. McDonald's wouldn't allow you to walk into one of their stores and pass out Burger King coupons, and we don't either.

10.English is the only language that is allowed to be spoken in the shoutbox. While Points2Shop has users of many nationalities, the shoutbox mainly consists of users that speak English, so it just makes it easier to keep up with.

11. Using a touchscreen monitor on Points2Shop to play the games will get you banned. It causes an unfair advantage, and is not allowed. While you can play the games on a different connection, you CANNOT play them on a cellphone or any touchscreen device. Any other devices or ways of cheating in the games or on offers will also get you banned. Points2Shop has systems set up to detect when users cheat, so don't even attempt it! Also, accusing members of cheating on the games in the shoutbox is not allowed. If you feel someone is cheating, please send in a ticket to the Admin and they will look into the issues and ban if it's found the other user is cheating. For more information on the less log-in restrictions and what you're limited to do, refer to this topic: Less Log-in Restrictions

If a Moderator or Administrator tells you something in the shoutbox, they have the final decision. They will help you if you are unsure with what to do if you ask them. We want the shoutbox to be a positive place for all members. What is seen in the shoutbox is a reflection of Points2Shop and its members, and we would like our site to be seen in a positive light. By following these simple rules, Points2Shop will have continued growth and more members to have fun with. Thank you!

| Free Microsoft Points Codes |
mackdanny
US (AZ) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 703
Date of Birth: 1990-01-23
Total Earnings: $258.68
reply date: 2010-01-26 04:39:26

green, PM me what you have so far, that way i dont suggest something you already thought of
[img][removed link, violation of our external links policy will result in an account ban]] [img][removed link, violation of our external links policy will result in an account ban]
zeekz
US (HI) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 604
Date of Birth: 1991-08-07
Total Earnings: $408.51
reply date: 2010-01-26 04:40:40

No Hating... Alot of Haters... Ugh :[

<3
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5606
Total Earnings: $2419.52
reply date: 2010-01-26 05:25:30

Perhaps mention the shoutbox is only for user in registered country and the you can only speak english.... not sure if thats in there.
Darkninja
This post has been deleted.
Darkninja
US (CA) moderator
Total posts: 1836
reply date: 2010-01-26 05:57:10

well since idk what u already have then u can add this....

no religion,racism and drugs allowed

**i'll update if i think of another**
zeekz
US (HI) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 604
Date of Birth: 1991-08-07
Total Earnings: $408.51
reply date: 2010-01-26 07:38:09

No trying to spell out bad words using symbols, etc. that aren't allowed because the shoutbox blocked you from saying it.

No bugging Mods etc., They will answer you when they can, They are busy people who pick on zeekz lol jk.
Hgaara
US (CA) platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 477
Date of Birth: 1992-01-25
Total Earnings: $191.83
reply date: 2010-01-26 07:40:17

I had asked LittleRose a day or two ago about whether or not asking memebers to trade points for money via paypal was allowed and she told me that while its not a rule, it should really be kept in PM, IM, or email.

She said that its not a rule of P2S until the advertisers start to enforce it, so maybe add something like that to the rules?
mackdanny
US (AZ) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 703
Date of Birth: 1990-01-23
Total Earnings: $258.68
reply date: 2010-01-26 07:41:41

number 12 is very confusing, it makes it seem like playing games will get you banned XD
[img][removed link, violation of our external links policy will result in an account ban]] [img][removed link, violation of our external links policy will result in an account ban]
SSager618
US (OH) platinum
Total posts: 1081
Date of Birth: 1983-06-18
Total Earnings: $502.16
reply date: 2010-01-26 11:57:32

I think those sound good.