Spin 2 Win. Your Opinions.

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Spin 2 Win. Your Opinions.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Created: 2009-10-22 14:01:11
lumpy500
UK platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 74
Date of Birth: 1994-05-19
Total Earnings: $201.34
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:01:11

I personally hate the idea since if u do an offer you have a chance of winning nothing. I prefered the old way of being able to comment and get a ticket towards the lottery.
It would be nice if u were garunteed a win but your not and also a prize of 1 merit isnt the best and the best winnings arnt exactly brill.
With just the lottery it meant that you knew what u could win and also if u didnt win any points u could get more tickets for the next week.
Also this could be abused by people just clicking the links and then clicking offer as completed and going for the points etc.

Post your opinions and thoughts on Spin2Win below (y)
DuncanColquhoun
UK platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 270
Date of Birth: 1990-01-01
Total Earnings: $100.78
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:02:32

I like it,i think its good i have won 1 merit! Out of 5 plays 1 merit haha. I think we can still get a lottery ticket when we can post comments again though, so this is kid of an additional bonus i guess.
http://freebieseasy.tk/
ToastKilla
US (CA) bronze
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 22
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $-1.47
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:02:36

I like it a little.
IDK
OffizzDeapo14
US (TN) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 517
Total Earnings: $600.08
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:03:03

I'm fine with the chance of not getting anything. Not getting a ticket with each offer is fine with me, but I wish that they'd bring back the comments. For the offers that are confusing, a comment that clears it up is very helpful.

I'd be happy if they brought back the comment box even if you don't get anything for commenting.
mscraft
UK bronze
Used to the forums
Total posts: 26
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $4.39
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:03:45

i like it :)
ipityforipod
US platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1041
Total Earnings: $239.06
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:04:23

Spin2Win is to help people slow down on offers, that's why they limited it to 10 spins, so people don't keep doing offers for tickets, spins, etc. And they can't just mark it as complete and play spin2win, the offer will get denied, plus there is no point, seeing as there is a 10 spin a day limit. The winnings are better then before, now you can actually win more points for completing offers. There's even a chance to win 500 points I believe, so personally, I think it is a great idea. They just need to put the offer comments back up so new users know what to do.
Elbee
US (MA) platinum
Total posts: 1548
Date of Birth: 1988-10-10
Total Earnings: $299.2
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:05:21

Yeah, if they bring the comments back, It's honestly fine with me.
"
ac3r2009
US (IN) platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 251
Date of Birth: 1978-07-21
Total Earnings: $125.19
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:30:42

There are some good opinins here. I guess I will build mine based on everyone elses.

I like that it is limited to 10 spins and people have to slow down on offers.

I don't think that removing the commenting option was the best of ideas, even if no rewards were given for commenting they certainly helped me and helped me help others.

Here is an interesting point "Also this could be abused by people just clicking the links and then clicking offer as completed and going for the points etc."

That is true but what idiot would sacrifice money for a risk to gamble LOLZ not me anyway. So long as people can't utilize this game on offers they normally couldn't do anyway. ie. someone from UK doing it to US offers and US doing it to UK offers etc.

I have faith they will make it well rounded and since it is new there will be some confusion and kinks to work out.

Great job as usual p2s staff
lets help the environment, the economy and our health - right click to open in new tab my green site
joseFM
US (NC) platinum
Total posts: 1090
Date of Birth: 1994-05-18
Total Earnings: $280.7
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:32:55

I dont like it THAT much. x]
fritteritter
US (OH) diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 880
Date of Birth: 1987-05-17
Total Earnings: $1909.72
reply date: 2009-10-22 14:52:06

I don't think that removing the commenting option was the best of ideas, even if no rewards were given for commenting they certainly helped me and helped me help others.ac3r2009

Unfortunately, the comments have to be removed because advertisers don't like the idea of people telling other people how to complete an offer. They think that kind of discussion generates less profitable participants in their offers. Keeping comments would mean losing lots of offers :(

So Spin2Win is not just something that p2s decided to do instead of comments, it's something they decided to do so that we could still earn stuff when comments were no longer allowed.

I think that over time the offers which use Spin2Win instead of comments will be better defined. Right now it's just for offers under 150 points and all others still have comments. Probably eventually some offers where user comments are not a problem for the advertisers will have comments again instead of the Spin2Win, but for now, 150 points makes a decent cutoff between the advertisers that hate comments and the advertisers that are indifferent to them.
Find helpful articles, offer walkthroughs, and learn how to earn more money online at More Nickels n Points