Verifying My Account Info Not Enough to Verify My Mail Address, What? (Resolved)

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Support » Verifying My Account Info Not Enough to Verify My Mail Address, What? (Resolved)
Created: 2012-11-02 18:49:32
nicky69gp
US (CA) silver
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 16
Date of Birth: 1982-01-19
Total Earnings: $21.32
reply date: 2012-11-02 18:49:32

So I had to resolve an account issue by sending a copy of my ID and Mail, I fully expected that to be sufficient to also verify my address too. I was told that I will still need to verify my address, that just doesn't make sense.

P2S has a copy of my driver's licence, IP address, and actual mail addessed to me. Why would P2S need to wait until I order a product (that doesn't even need to reach me before the actual verification), or waste their own time sending me a verification letter? It doesn't make sense, and it's not efficient use of their time or mine.

So, I want to skip the process of wasting my points (that do require quite a bit of effort) on a small worthless item (even a $1). Is making a $10-25 Amazon GC my first order (yet to have mail verified), risky? Is it even possible? When browsing the $10-25 Amazon GCs, it indicates that email GCs need mail verified first, even though the $10-25 Amazon GC is listed as a "MAILED" item. Will I have any problems making a mailed GC my first order (yet to be mail verified), will it increase the chances of being "lost" in the mail, is there any insurance available? Just nervous, these points take quite a bit of time to earn. Does a verification letter have a shipping fee, will being verified before my GC order increase my chances of a successful GC delivery?

Thanks, sorry for the wall of text.
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9042
Total Earnings: $3016.84
reply date: 2012-11-02 21:47:26

The reason your account issues proof didn't rank you to bronze is because it has to be an order made through the system for the system to trigger you as address verified.

Unfortunately you can't skip this step. You will need to order something to be ranked up, and gift cards wouldn't work to rank you up. You can keep saving up so you can order something you actually want if you don't want to order something from our low-cost rewards. When you are bronze and order a gift card, no it shouldn't be lost in the mail but if it doesn't arrive after two weeks you could send a ticket and admin would look into your order.

No, a verification letter does not have a shipping fee, but you can only order one if you signed up through Cashle platform (or are an international member).
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
nicky69gp
US (CA) silver
Getting Chatty
reply date: 2012-11-02 22:48:22

Thanks for the reply, chevychic255.

I'm not sure you understood my question regarding the Amazon GC. It is listed as a "MAILED" item, so shouldn't I be able to order as my first order, and have my address verified through it? It DOES have the "You need to verify your address before you can order EMAIL gift items." in red lettering, but it is NOT an "email gift item" so I infer that the red lettered warning shouldn't apply to the "MAILED" $10-25 Amazon GCs. Right?

I'm still very confused why P2S doesn't just upgrade me to Bronze after verifying my account information. There is no good reason why verifying account information with ID and mail, wouldn't be good enough or superior to verification by approving the sending of an item. Especially since they verify you before the item even arrives, it doesn't make sense. You could get verified using a bogus address with ease(if you wanted to), but they won't verify your address with government ID and actual received mail, that is beyond silly.
nicky69gp
US (CA) silver
Getting Chatty
reply date: 2012-11-03 06:20:55

Here is the page for the $25 Amazon GC, it indicates that it is "mailed" rather than emailed.http://www.points2shop.com/rewards/117/25-Amazoncom-Gift-Card----MAILED But it still has the red lettered "You need to verify your address before you can order email gift items." warning, even though it's not an "email gift item". Would I be able to order this without verifying my address beforehand?
EvanescentFantasy
US elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 228
Date of Birth: 1992-03-23
Total Earnings: $566.8
reply date: 2012-11-03 23:49:00

To the best of my knowledge you should be able to order a gift card in order to verify your address; as long as it is not an EMAILED gift card. So as long as it says MAILED, then your safe. Even if this were incorrect your order would likely just be denied and your points would be refunded to you in full. After which you would simply have to order something else first, and then the card you wanted. You cannot request insurance for your orders, but chances of your item getting lost in the mail is quite slim... And being verified beforehand does not increase/decrease your chances of having a successful delivery. That's really more up to whatever postal service is shipping your item.

As for still needing to become verified even after all the information you've given... I can see why you find that a bit silly. I'll admit that I would as well. The exact reason of "Why?" I am unsure of, but judging from chevy's message it seems as though there is some kind of automatic recognition that needs to be triggered by the system they use here that counts your address as verified. And it can only be triggered by one of the listed ways of going about that. So regardless of whatever information you have already given them, it still does not count in THIS way.
nicky69gp
US (CA) silver
Getting Chatty
reply date: 2012-11-04 03:08:13

Thank you very much for your reply, EvanescentFantasy.

I just attempted to order the $10 Amazon GC, but it stopped me and said I can't order an "email gift item", even though it indicates that it is mailed. Frustrating that I'm going to have to wait, probably a week or more for a verification that shouldn't be necessary at this point.

:(
EvanescentFantasy
US elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 228
Date of Birth: 1992-03-23
Total Earnings: $566.8
reply date: 2012-11-04 04:47:06

Well that makes no sense. Especially since I had a few different people specifically tell me earlier today that you COULD... Normally I would suggest trying another type of card; but once again that wouldn't be what you wanted. :/

A gift card was my first real order that I wanted as well. But in anticipation of possible complications (like these) I eventually decided to order from the Low-Cost section first. If you get the prism stickers the order total comes to 110 points after shipping. Which was about the cheapest I found. Sorry for all the complications you've been having.
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9042
Total Earnings: $3016.84
reply date: 2012-11-04 11:52:01

Yeah, I tried warning you in my previous posts that gift cards wouldn't work to rank you up. Sorry about that. :) It shouldn't take a week to rank up though. You only need to order something cheap and wait for it to approve. It should take 1-3 weekdays to process, and orders are pretty much caught up right now.
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
nicky69gp
US (CA) silver
Getting Chatty
reply date: 2012-11-05 05:45:01

Thanks again, chevychic255 and EvanescentFantasy.

Yes, Chevy. You were right. I had differing opinions though, so I had to try to make sure. Thanks for your help.

+ advice