Created: 2012-08-29 09:14:29
shelbinator
UK moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 3910
Date of Birth: 1995-06-22
Total Earnings: $1097.14
reply date: 2012-08-29 09:14:29

So for my English A level I got told to read Jane Eyre over the summer. Absolutely felt like killing myself cause I hate reading old English books cause I never understand the language and find it sooooo hard to understand the concepts. But strangely enough I after I forced my self to pick it up (seeing as I kinda don't wanna be a D student anymore :/) I actually started enjoying it! O_O I actually understood the language and loved how the main character didn't follow idealism's and was independent (for the most part). Plus it wasn't a soppy ending either where they get back together get married and live a rich and indulgent life together. :D

But anyways, once I finished reading it, I wanted to watch a movie or TV series to get a visual in my head. I started watching the most recent movie (last year I think it may have been made), but it skipped to much of the book for me especially with the earlier parts, so I stopped watching it.

Can anyone recommend a decent TV series or movie for Jane Eyre that is a good portrayal of the book and doesn't skim on the details? I really don't want to have to watch every single adaption out there to have the last one I watch be the best xD
I'm running the Race For Life 10K in June for Cancer Research so I'd love it if you could check out my Race For Life Page, thanks :)
Evertw
NO platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1104
reply date: 2012-08-31 13:51:58

Well odd coincidence but I remember watching a version of Jane Eyre a long time ago, a BBC version (they usually get it right) but I'm not sure how loyal it is to the book. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Eyre_%282006_TV_serial%29
You are not logged in.
Login with your social network:

Shoutbox