1 2
Created: 2012-07-20 09:34:58
ldpx3000
US (CO) moderator
Why stop now?
Total posts: 971
Total Earnings: $1758.14
reply date: 2012-07-20 09:34:58 last edited on: 2012-07-21 19:40:20

Hello all! As many of you have already heard, the P2S iOS app is finally available for download in the iTunes store directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod!

Feel free to use this topic to let us know about anything that you think may need to be changed, doesn't work or that you would like to see added to the app. We have many great updates planned for the future and hope to be able to add everything that users want in order to make the app great!

If the app has crashed, iOS will automatically ask you if you would like to submit or send the Crash Report. Please choose 'Yes' and allow us to receive those reports. Without them, it will be almost impossible to hunt down each one and try to figure out what the problem actually is.

If you don't get the option to submit a crash report here are some things I would ask you do before you leave a report here:

- Sign in (if it lets you) and stay on the Profile page. Leave it on this page until it crashes. How long did it take? What did it do when it crashed? Did it take a hard reset? Try this on the other pages and document.

- If you notice that the problem occurs at certain times of day, certain places of wifi service, or during certain activities on the app then please try to reproduce those errors a few times until you are sure those steps lead to a crash. Document what steps you took here.

- Leave as much information as you can! Even if you believe that it isn't needed or relevant, it may be useful to us in the long run and we would love to see it!

Any information you can give us will be greatly appreciated and will help us speed up the debugging process. Once all of you brave 5.1 users help us work out the issues we can begin to open up the app to earlier generation iOS!

Thanks!
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
ScottieElisabeth
US (AR) gold
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 16
Date of Birth: 1992-10-13
Total Earnings: $48.22
reply date: 2012-07-21 11:11:22

I saw that some of these were mentioned several times in their own topic, but I'll go ahead and share all I've run into here, in as tidy a fashion as possible.

-- The app crashes a lot. A LOT. Sometimes when you're trying to navigate, sometimes when you're waiting for an offer to pull up. There's no set trigger.
-- Sponsorpay offers sometimes pull up in the app store, but more often than not, they don't. You click the offer, and either the app will crash, or it'll go back to the offer page.
-- Most of the Everbadge offers are for Android.

Now, some suggestions:
-- It'd be nice if, after we completed an offer and received credit, if it'd be taken off the list of offers. Don't know if that's possible, or how hard it'd be, especially since Sponsorpay claims you began an offer by clicking on it, whether it ever took you to the app or not.
-- It'd also be nice if we could shop from the app. I saw there was a section to view our orders, but not to shop. Is that a possibility?
-- Is there any way we could get some surveys? I realize that'd probably be complicated, since they're all given by a third party, but I imagine surveys would be a joy to complete in the iOS interface, if done properly. Especially with how smooth the P2S app is.

I'm so grateful to finally have a P2S app for iOS! Thank you guys so much! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with and watch it develop!
ldpx3000
US (CO) moderator
Why stop now?
reply date: 2012-07-21 19:16:37

I saw that some of these were mentioned several times in their own topic, but I'll go ahead and share all I've run into here, in as tidy a fashion as possible.
ScottieElisabeth

Awesome thanks for your report. It will really help me out alot if when it crashes, you submit the crash report when it asks you too. This is the best way for me to see detailed reports about what is going on where and how best to fix it.

If it doesn't ask you if you want to submit a crash report than it is more likely something else entirely that I will need to narrow down.

Thanks again!
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
shelbinator
UK moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 4492
Date of Birth: 1995-06-22
Total Earnings: $1280.12
reply date: 2012-07-23 07:33:57

Has anybody had an offer credtit on IOS yet? And also is there a way to see the progress of the offers we complete on IOS, like whether they're pending, awarded, denied? :) But the app is cool and I love it so far :)
The Mighty Parker has Spoken!
ScottieElisabeth
US (AR) gold
Getting Chatty
reply date: 2012-07-23 11:50:04

If it doesn't ask you if you want to submit a crash report than it is more likely something else entirely that I will need to narrow down.ldpx3000

It has NEVER offered to send a crash report. It simply reboots when I ask it to.

Hope this helps!
ldpx3000
US (CO) moderator
Why stop now?
reply date: 2012-07-23 12:03:22

Yes it does. It confirms my thought that it is something else. I have narrowed down what I believe to be the cause of the issue and the update has already been sent down the pipeline and will hopefully reach users very soon. Thank you for your patience!
ldpx3000
This post has been deleted.
guthix181
US (IA) gold
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 377
Date of Birth: 1996-01-29
Total Earnings: $182.4
reply date: 2012-07-24 12:20:45

I have a difficult time getting the App offers to credit. I will download the App, open it up and interact with it, and it will not credit to my account. Do I need to claim it somehow?
------ Support the International Rhino Foundation on Points2Shop!
ldpx3000
US (CO) moderator
Why stop now?
reply date: 2012-07-24 12:22:35

I have a difficult time getting the App offers to credit. I will download the App, open it up and interact with it, and it will not credit to my account. Do I need to claim it somehow?guthix181

No, usually installing and using the app for a few minutes (some require that you reach a certain level if it is a game). Unfortunately they are like external offers in regards to how they credit but we have been communicating the issues with the advertisers in order to get things taken care of.

Thanks!
ScottieElisabeth
US (AR) gold
Getting Chatty
reply date: 2012-07-24 15:55:00

I have a difficult time getting the App offers to credit. I will download the App, open it up and interact with it, and it will not credit to my account. Do I need to claim it somehow?guthix181

It says in the support page in-app that offers can take up to 2 hours to credit. Keep that in mind. :)
1 2
You are not logged in.
Login with your social network:

Shoutbox