An emotional dream or nightmare?

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Off-Topic » An emotional dream or nightmare?
1 2
Created: 2012-07-10 11:29:33
IVDR4G0NVI
US (NJ) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 696
Date of Birth: 1985-11-19
Total Earnings: $841.32
reply date: 2012-07-10 11:29:33

Has any one here, ever woke up from a dream laughing? Or has anyone woke up from a dream or nightmare crying?
I have, on both scenarios. Recently I had this terrible dream, where I shot a loved one on purpose. Something I would never ever do, to any one, I have never even seen a real gun before. The weirdest part is that they were telling me to do it with no fear of the consequences. Almost jokingly, taunting me. I shot him, After I did, I felt a rush of emotion and started crying and woke up crying. what do you guys think? I hope I never experience a Nightmare like that ever again.
Calm down. If you're rushing, then you're already late!
1jeanpaul1
This post has been deleted.
IVDR4G0NVI
US (NJ) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 696
Date of Birth: 1985-11-19
Total Earnings: $841.32
reply date: 2012-07-12 15:33:24

http://www.youtube.com/user/themonkeyflewaway?feature=mhee this might help you forget about that moment1jeanpaul1

Thanks..I loved the video! Though it had nothing to do with the topic...
Calm down. If you're rushing, then you're already late!
1jeanpaul1
This post has been deleted.
mndygrl78
US (MA) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 114
Date of Birth: 1978-07-10
Total Earnings: $37.99
reply date: 2012-07-13 11:09:16

YES! When I was preggo with my daughter, I used to have the most vivid dreams. One was so vivid I laughed so hard I rolled off the couch.
cracksmell91
US (CA) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 68
Date of Birth: 1991-05-05
Total Earnings: $50.62
reply date: 2012-07-14 02:33:08

This happened to me a couple months ago. A couple days ago i woke up cause in my dream i fell and i woke up like i fell off something.
Come to the dark side, they said. We have cookies, they said. All lies!
DeadlyPikachu
US (VA) platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 354
Total Earnings: $200.01
reply date: 2012-07-14 21:49:24

omg whatd u eat b4 sleeping lol
2010-08-16 18:42:20
Latinxassassin
US (NY) gold
My first post
Total posts: -4
Date of Birth: 1998-12-01
Total Earnings: $40.49
reply date: 2012-07-16 02:35:24

I rarely have nightmares, because I am getting older. That's because kids usually have nightmares... at least what the scientific studies said. There was only one nightmare that made me woke crying.
hazel143
PH new
Junior Poster
Total posts: 56
Date of Birth: 1996-05-09
Total Earnings: $2.67
reply date: 2012-07-20 22:59:52

A "dream" is a set of images, scenes, persons, places, and even objects that flashes in your mind in a certain order. It is formed when the person's brain starts to get active, in other words when you are almost about to wake up. There are even dreams that has happened although we don't really remember.Our mind just simply disregards these dreams, casing a night "without a dream"...

Yet it is triggered by any of your 5 senses... touch, smell, hearing, taste, and ESP...

I once dreamed of being followed by shadows then suddenly fell into a dark hole that seems to be endless... before reaching the bottom i woke up and suddenly fell of my bed... Haha!

That proves that senses are really connected to your dreams... :D
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1499.83
reply date: 2012-07-27 05:29:30

Hazel, I hate to disagree, but on average a "dream" only lasts a few brief seconds, and occurs in the 3rd stage of the REM cycle, namely in the "deep sleep" phase.

Dreams are your subconciousness' method of resolving deep setted conflicts, absorbing information and learning. This is why infants sleep a LOT more than adults, and why students in particular tend to sleep an awful lot more than their non-schooled counterparts.

I do a *lot* of dream therapy, and while yes, senses are connected to your dreams, if you "feel" something in your dream, it's simply your mind projecting the current situation - hence why you "fell" in your dream before falling out of bed - it was an autonomous response purposely waking you in a methodical way so as to not send your body into shock when you hit the floor, as a sudden emergence from sleep *could* send your body into cardiac failure due to the reduced heart rate you experience during your sleep..

:)

Latinxassassin, it's not that children have more nightmares than adults. In fact, adults dream just as often and in the same capacity as children, however the adult mind is more adept at dealing with stressful situations, and so we are less likely to remember them, or be affected by them.
This is mainly due to the adult mind being too pre-occupied with more important situations and events and tends to regard the nightmares as issues to be dealt with internally, so your brain blocks them from your memory, automatically resolving the internal conflict.

I could go on forever about this :p I should write a book :p
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
1 2
You are not logged in.
Login with your social network:

Shoutbox