Make referral tracking work for individual youtube videos

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Make referral tracking work for individual youtube videos
Created: 2012-07-03 07:34:10
flametahu
UK elite
New Poster
Total posts: 9
Date of Birth: 1994-04-06
Total Earnings: $4114.95
reply date: 2012-07-03 07:34:11

Currently in referral tracking, it does not allow you to input a whole youtube video url (I think it wont accept the "?" as it say invalid characters).

Because of this I use the alphanumeric code at the end of the url for the tracking. However the tracking only tracks the impressions received from that video, and the referral count stays at zero.

I would appreciate it if this could be fixed, either by allowing the input field to allow whole youtube video urls, or by fixing whatever stops the referrals from being counted for the youtube codes.
Stijn1234
BE admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9938
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $47.26
reply date: 2012-07-04 03:38:04

Thanks for the suggestion, I've forwarded this to a programmer.
virhilo
US admin
Junior Poster
Total posts: 91
Date of Birth: 1988-06-26
reply date: 2012-07-04 10:28:26

Currently in referral tracking, it does not allow you to input a whole youtube video url (I think it wont accept the "?" as it say invalid characters).

Because of this I use the alphanumeric code at the end of the url for the tracking. However the tracking only tracks the impressions received from that video, and the referral count stays at zero.

I would appreciate it if this could be fixed, either by allowing the input field to allow whole youtube video urls, or by fixing whatever stops the referrals from being counted for the youtube codes.flametahu

Fixed:)
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1293
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $352.36
reply date: 2012-07-06 07:49:52

Wait.. this is as fast as it takes to get a new feature put into place? I always thought it was because programmers were backed up, not that you guys just don't like our ideas :p
flametahu
UK elite
New Poster
Total posts: 9
Date of Birth: 1994-04-06
Total Earnings: $4114.95
reply date: 2012-07-06 12:31:06

Sorry to bother you again, but it still doesn't seem to work properly for youtube videos. The input field now allows entire links, so you did fix that but it still only seems to track impressions.

www.youtube.com - shows referrals but not specific
youtube.com - shows referrals but not specific
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals
youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals
watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals

In my referrals list the 'link they came from' is often displayed fully (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM). I don't know what the problem could be but it would be much appreciated if you could try and fix this, and allow us to see the number of referrals for each specific youtube video in tracking.
virhilo
US admin
Junior Poster
Total posts: 91
Date of Birth: 1988-06-26
reply date: 2013-01-09 13:58:34

It should work fine sience yesterday:)

Sorry to bother you again, but it still doesn't seem to work properly for youtube videos. The input field now allows entire links, so you did fix that but it still only seems to track impressions.

www.youtube.com - shows referrals but not specific
youtube.com - shows referrals but not specific
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals
youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals
watch?v=I9wh4teverpM - doesn't show referrals

In my referrals list the 'link they came from' is often displayed fully (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh4teverpM). I don't know what the problem could be but it would be much appreciated if you could try and fix this, and allow us to see the number of referrals for each specific youtube video in tracking.flametahu
You are not logged in.
Login with your social network:

Shoutbox