External Links in Signature (Resolved)

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Support » External Links in Signature (Resolved)
1 2
Created: 2012-06-10 06:47:40
SolveMyMaze
UK diamond
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 483
Date of Birth: 1989-02-12
Total Earnings: $1722.26
reply date: 2012-06-10 06:47:40

Ok, so I tried to put an external link in my sig which a lot of people on here are doing. However, when I went to save it, I was told it was removed and against the website policy :S
Real high retention and geo targeted YouTube views
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1162
Total Earnings: $513.41
reply date: 2012-06-10 06:50:40 last edited on: 2012-06-10 06:51:33

I think certain links don't work. Keep trying links, but some don't work. You could always send a ticket and ask it to be added without the link violation thing.
SolveMyMaze
UK diamond
Am I spamming?
reply date: 2012-06-10 06:51:27

It was only a tumblr link. Strange since others have YouTube and ref site links.
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Total posts: 1162
Total Earnings: $513.41
reply date: 2012-06-10 06:54:39

It was only a tumblr link. Strange since others have YouTube and ref site links.SolveMyMaze

Yeah, youtube and ref sites (like web.com, weebly etc) have certain links allowed, but a tumblr link should work? i think exar has one? or it's anouther user i've got mixed up?
SolveMyMaze
UK diamond
Am I spamming?
reply date: 2012-06-10 07:05:55

I think he used to have a tumblr link.
Oh well, just a bit of an annoyance really.
Exar
UK platinum
Total posts: 1503
reply date: 2012-06-10 08:33:05 last edited on: 2012-06-10 08:33:58

I wouldn't bother wasting your time. P2S is removing links if they have ANY external links on your pages or any monetery methods on site. I lost 2k links to all my ref sites even though they were all white-listed. And the best of it is; I had no monetary methods on my ref sites though I had external linke to other sites like facebook, twitter, voting sites (which helps to rank my website) but p2s would not allow it. Thus I have to chose to have links, or to have ranks. (even though the links contribute to my ranking by quite a considerable bit)

I have been going through support tickets for over a month now trying to resolve it to no avail. I'm loosing my faith in p2s now.. It's rather frustrating.

~Exar
|Facebook Credits Free|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|| Got a ref site? Take part in the Digg (Link) Exchange|Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 8981
Total Earnings: $2956.28
reply date: 2012-06-10 09:54:19

Try taking out the "http://" text before a link when you're adding it to your signature and see if it will then work without removing your link/image for violations. It should work if it's on the whitelist.
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
SolveMyMaze
UK diamond
Am I spamming?
reply date: 2012-06-10 10:11:56

I wouldn't bother wasting your time. P2S is removing links if they have ANY external links on your pages or any monetery methods on site. I lost 2k links to all my ref sites even though they were all white-listed. And the best of it is; I had no monetary methods on my ref sites though I had external linke to other sites like facebook, twitter, voting sites (which helps to rank my website) but p2s would not allow it. Thus I have to chose to have links, or to have ranks. (even though the links contribute to my ranking by quite a considerable bit)

I have been going through support tickets for over a month now trying to resolve it to no avail. I'm loosing my faith in p2s now.. It's rather frustrating.

~ExarExar

Damn, that does suck! I really don't know why the site is becoming so strict. I've also tried to send external links through the PM system and they get removed, even though it's to games sites. The system is far too strict imo, especially when you consider just how much the site is earning off of us.

@Chevychic, I tried that too and it still knocked me back :S
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 8981
Total Earnings: $2956.28
reply date: 2012-06-10 10:25:40

Try adding it again now and tell me if it works. I just added Tumblr to the whitelist so it should work fine. Also agm has made a thread if you want to request links to be whitelisted. You can use it in the future for problems like this: Links you would like to post in Private chats!
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
SolveMyMaze
UK diamond
Am I spamming?
reply date: 2012-06-11 07:19:16

Yayy, that's it now. Thanks for adding it to the whitelist :D