Created: 2012-06-05 10:38:27
Shywonton
US (AR) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 61
Date of Birth: 1985-10-02
Total Earnings: $70.65
reply date: 2012-06-05 10:38:27

There is an offer in TrialPay for a Discover More credit card worth 3k+ points, and I was wondering if I did the offer, and was approved, will I eventually pay for it even if I don't use it? It says no annual fee, but seeing as I've never used a credit card before I'm not sure about this.
thefizzle655
US (MD) gold
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: 1987-11-11
Total Earnings: $678.55
reply date: 2012-06-05 10:45:45 last edited on: 2012-06-05 10:55:11

If there is no annual fee and you don't use the card you will not pay anything for it. However, I would suggest that you still check your card balance monthly on the website because you never know when a fradulent charge might show up even if you have never used your card. Keep in mind that Discover Card is hard to get approved for, if it is your first credit card then you probably don't have much if any credit history and it will be tough to get approved.

I just wanted to add that if you do get approved, you shouldn't cancel the card, at least not within the first year, even if you don't plan on using it because closing the credit card account will negatively affect your credit score. Better to just let it expire IMO.
Tigran140
US (TX) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 84
Date of Birth: 1993-02-01
Total Earnings: $486.58
reply date: 2012-06-18 01:58:00

If there is no annual fee and you don't use the card you will not pay anything for it. However, I would suggest that you still check your card balance monthly on the website because you never know when a fradulent charge might show up even if you have never used your card. Keep in mind that Discover Card is hard to get approved for, if it is your first credit card then you probably don't have much if any credit history and it will be tough to get approved.

I just wanted to add that if you do get approved, you shouldn't cancel the card, at least not within the first year, even if you don't plan on using it because closing the credit card account will negatively affect your credit score. Better to just let it expire IMO.thefizzle655

dude that offer never got approved
catchme24
US (OH) diamond
Senior Poster
Total posts: 250
Date of Birth: 1985-11-29
Total Earnings: $1083.48
reply date: 2012-07-29 14:19:44

I hate to bump an old topic, but it's relevant to me. I am so tempted to do this offer, because of the point value!

I just wanted to add that if you do get approved, you shouldn't cancel the card, at least not within the first year, even if you don't plan on using it because closing the credit card account will negatively affect your credit score. Better to just let it expire IMO.thefizzle655

So by what you're saying, I can sign up for the card and let it sit in my wallet until it expires without having any fees charged to me? I've looked at the offer a number of times now but I'm just so hesitant with this one, I don't want to jeopardize my credit or have some unexpected fees to deal with.

I'm sure some people have done this offer, can you share your experiences?
2010-08-18 14:14:04