Withdraw by cheque for UK members? possible information update?

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Withdraw by cheque for UK members? possible information update?
Created: 2012-05-31 10:57:12
hebby2012
UK legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1234
Total Earnings: $2251.86
reply date: 2012-05-31 10:57:12

Having noticed a convo in the shout about cheque/check payments to UK members and the fact that currently the cheques/checks are issued in US currency ($), perhaps you should put a note on the withdraw page for UK members stating this and that they are likely to be charged a handling fee by the bank to convert it to UK currency (£).

I am not 100% sure this effects every bank but when i tried to put a cheque/check that was issued (not from p2s) in US ($) into my bank account the bank wanted to charge me a £8 fee for converting it to UK currency.

Just think it would be helpful to uk members to know this info when considering this option.

PS. I am basing this post on my personal experience in trying to put a cheque issued in dollars in my uk bank account. I am not 100% sure about every other bank etc so if i am wrong i apologise.
USEFUL LINKS -- How To Earn Cash - The Guide ||| Introduce Yourself To The Community ||| Like Freebies? Check Out The Freebie Forum ||| Need Help With Referrals? ||| Play Games Against Other Members And Earn Points!
Stijn1234
BE admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9830
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $47.11
reply date: 2012-05-31 11:04:47

I'm quite sure all UK banks will charge costs for cashing checks in USD....