Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » 5 Dollar Gift Cards
Created: 2012-05-30 15:54:38
cynimoxus
US (NY) platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 53
Total Earnings: $240.08
reply date: 2012-05-30 15:54:38

I have noticed we only have gift cards that go from five dollars all the way up to twenty five. We should have five dollar gift cards posted as well that are easily obtainable. Why? This will not only boost site views, it will give people more assurance the site works. [I know the site works, I'm just saying for new users etc.]

What do you guys think?
I believe a reasonable price would be 500 points since it's five dollars.

b]Poll: Five dollar gift cards on PointstoShop[/b]

Yes! I would like points2shop to post 5 dollar gift cards.

No, I don't want this.
Neither.
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
“They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can't stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! I say that's a good love; one that burns and flies, and you run with it!” ― C. JoyBell C.
xXCrazyxNoobxX
CA diamond
New Poster
Total posts: 13
Total Earnings: $1587.65
reply date: 2012-05-30 15:56:02

Yeah I wanna buy a 25$ thing on PSN but I gotta buy 40$ worth of PSN cards for that. It's kinda annoying.
Persevering pays...
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5610
Total Earnings: $2419.58
reply date: 2012-05-30 16:05:26

Points2shop need to make sure that a member earns enough to cover the processing costs to ship the cards, $5 is too small an amount.
cynimoxus
US (NY) platinum
Junior Poster
reply date: 2012-05-30 16:18:29

That is true it does get sort of annoying to have 5 dollar cards, but what if it could be sent electronically? That way shipping wouldn't cost anything. It would be just like the Xbox live cards, or the 1600 point cards.
“They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can't stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! I say that's a good love; one that burns and flies, and you run with it!” ― C. JoyBell C.
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5610
Total Earnings: $2419.58
reply date: 2012-05-31 14:39:21

That is true it does get sort of annoying to have 5 dollar cards, but what if it could be sent electronically? That way shipping wouldn't cost anything. It would be just like the Xbox live cards, or the 1600 point cards.cynimoxus

There is still the cost of admins time to process the order.
cynimoxus
US (NY) platinum
Junior Poster
reply date: 2012-05-31 18:31:35

agm1992: That is true it does cost the admins time however think of it in a business terminology. The people taking the survey's eventually take the time out just like the admins to fill out the surveys in hopes of receiving a prize. As people who take the survey, our job is to be honest, and work our way up to earn enough points for the prize.

The admins are responsible for detecting false information, cheating, maintaining order and processing orders you know this yourself. On both parties it costs time regardless of the excuse if you really think about it. If I remember correctly though, the admins just have to validate and process the order which seems a lot faster than doing the surveys. Both parties have to function as one to have the website work, and receive the results it requires to get paid. Now I know your aware of this since you helped me out so many times before (I appreciate all of your efforts greatly! I love helping this site out too.)

I have a question for you if it's okay to ask, what is the difference between filling out all the other forms to process the orders in comparison to gift cards? I never asked anyone on here.
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 8985
Total Earnings: $2965.88
reply date: 2012-05-31 20:26:08

cynimoxus, the difference in us being a member spending time on surveys and the admins time processing orders is their time is on the clock, they're employees of the site so their time costs the site money. Us spending time on surveys does not... So trying to compare the two does not make a strong case. And when agm says "There is still the cost of admins time" I suppose he's meaning it actually does have a cost, not just the time itself. ;)

Yeah I wanna buy a 25$ thing on PSN but I gotta buy 40$ worth of PSN cards for that. It's kinda annoying.xXCrazyxNoobxX
I don't even think there is $5 PSN cards. e.O
Sure you can add $5 to your funds, that doesn't mean there is a card worth that amount, lol.
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª