Created: 2012-05-26 14:03:33
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 511
Date of Birth: 1975-01-19
Total Earnings: $234.04
reply date: 2012-05-28 03:46:11

Surely you're not truly interested in those freebies yourself, blastarama? If you're not, nobody else is going to be either. What we're looking for is freebies members will enjoy, not just so members can make threads with forms to fill out for useless pieces of paper. Keep in mind what we see going on in the threads is evaluated and helps us better form rules to keep it with good quality freebies. If we keep seeing stuff like this going on, we'll have no choice but to come up with new rules to put in place. Don't ruin the Free Stuff forum just because you were not happy with getting a few Xbox game threads marked for spam

. Please better think the freebies you post and ask yourself if you would actually be interested in what you're posting.

As for the popular freebies thread, I'd say this was mainly put in place because we keep seeing some freebies posted continuously, and this helps cut down duplicates.chevychic255

Ref the bit in bold. I am rarely interested in the freebies any of them to be honest. However I post at various free sample sites one of them is huge with a mssive fourm. When you post a freebie you get a rating overall and on that post. A user can like the post meaning they appreciate it but they didt claim. Or they can claim mark it to say they mark it to say they took that offer up. What that has showed me over time is you would be surprised what people claim. Maybe its intersting to them, maybe they just like getting freebies.

I did not get upset about having some Xbox games removed as spam. I got annoyed about having 4 threads that were within the rules incorrectly removed as they were within the guidlelines at the time. Ive asked question about this and the mod concerned left no feedback and refuses to step foreward say who they are an explain the reasons for removeing those threads. A Mod broke the rules and you guys are supposed to set the example. If Mods cant respect the rules themselves then you cant expect anyone else to.

Lets ignore the Xbox games.

Open invitation to AGM1992 to explain why THIS Thread was removed. Its has an explination that its low quality as the text is copy and pasted. Ive asked now around 4 x is copy and pasteing from the freebi page alowed yes or no. IF AGM1992 wont answer the question someone else do it your the Mods its your job to enforce/explain the rules.

Is it allowable to copy and paste text from the freebie site YES OR NO

Next THIS POST I understand its a popular freebie however I didnt know that and at the time I posted it it was within the rules of the site. It had not been posted within one month and there was no problem with the thread. The Mod who took my thread down left no explination why it was removed and has not stepped foreward to say who they are and offer an explination. I think the reason they dont is they know they toook the thread down incorrectly so dont have anything to say. Open invitation for that Mod to explain that action.

When you (the mods) dont obide by the sites rules then expect people to be annoyed. This is the last time I will ask these questions. I'll give it two days then will put in a support ticket about the two above threads if I get no answer.
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5629
Total Earnings: $2424.6
reply date: 2012-05-28 07:10:52 last edited on: 2012-05-28 07:13:59

Here is your exact post for the deleted thread.

I’d love to send you a special gift! Receive a Mari Smith blue light-up pen absolutely free. The pen has my motto on it, “Relationships First.” (Business Second!) Here’s what to do: Just fill out your name and mailing address below and I’ll send you your pen! http://www.marismith.com/books/pen/#Test

There was NO indication that the post was proof read first, it uses terms like "my motto" and "fill in your details below". A member then posted their name and address for all to see in the comments below.

The freebie was LOW QUALITY.
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
reply date: 2012-05-28 07:47:47

How do you give an indication that you proof read a freebie?

Maria is an author this offer would be useful to readers of her book who would be happy to have her motto on a pen

It says fill in your details below? Sorry I dont get your point at all.

The freebie is low quality? Lower than the booklets we in the free stuff forum? (Just another word for a broucher which are not allowed)? Are you serious or what.

A member put their details in the commetns section, hardly my thought the two are clearly marked..

Once again you have also failed to answer the yes or no question, wasent that hard to be honest.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2766
Total Earnings: $2254.5
reply date: 2012-05-28 08:30:22 last edited on: 2012-05-28 08:44:03

blastarama you talk as if you know and are certain about that issue. As i mentioned before in another thread of yours, there is no mod that broke the rules. We enforce the rules here and dont remove threads for petty reasons. If it was removed, it was a mistake and we all make them, mods or admin arent immune to that. The forums are huge which is why there is more than one of us so surely you cant expect everyone one of us to catch hold of your thread, only a few of us did and replied afterwards. Not because "the mod refuses to step forward" because they did not see 'em. Please do not talk so matter-of-factly when you really are not certain of the facts, if this is not an outburst of anger then its certainly an outburst of confusion, that doesnt make it any better. You mentioned to talk this issue over with an admin so please do so to get this sorted out rather than demeaning moderators as a whole, not one of us purposely breaks a rule, but yeah we will make errors. I didnt realize we werent thought of as people who all cant make a few of those at all :\ Had to shatter your vision.

Edit--- You didnt follow agm's post template on that freebie. You are supposed to give a description about the freebie on what its about and how to get it and, not to copy/paste the authors words as if it were her talking. Even if you paraphrased it itd be alright but why are there words like "I’d love to send you a special gift!" and I’ll send you your pen" when its not you thats sending it? And even it it were, asking for addresses from members here so they can paste sensitive info like that out out of confusion or not is not allowed.
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
reply date: 2012-05-28 08:42:56

Understand that people in general make errors however in my case I seem to have fallen fowl to more than my fair share of errors. The errors are also basic and shouldent really happen. If a Mod isnt capable of checking back acurately 1 month to see if a freebie has been posted before then you can hardly expect us to get it right all of the time for a 3 month period.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
reply date: 2012-05-28 08:51:46 last edited on: 2012-05-28 08:52:34

Again, it was an error. Many threads are reviewed properly and the 1% error that is made (which happened to be yours) happened. We do look back at a month but like i said, that small case of error does occur and it would be easier to now than its 3 months now honestly. If we made such mistakes often as you seem to think the entire thread would be in chaos. We are very capable thank you, especially when we are the ones who made the rules, but we are not immune to messing up, which is my point to you.
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
reply date: 2012-05-28 09:38:35

Again, it was an error. Many threads are reviewed properly and the 1% error that is made (which happened to be yours) happened. We do look back at a month but like i said, that small case of error does occur and it would be easier to now than its 3 months now honestly. If we made such mistakes often as you seem to think the entire thread would be in chaos. We are very capable thank you, especially when we are the ones who made the rules

, but we are not immune to messing up, which is my point to you.AbbyAW

You guys made the rules that punishs members by removeal of tickets for honest mistakes. A rule taken up nowhere else that I have seen on any other freebie sites. Cant say I am surprised at that.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
reply date: 2012-05-28 10:10:31 last edited on: 2012-05-28 10:17:43

Rules were made to prevent members from abusing the forums for tickets. You were not here long enough to see this happen. That fresh comment was ignorant, naive and very witless. Rules were made be adhered to, to regulate the distribution of tickets. At first there was none and that privilege was abused. Along with an ok from admin the rules were set were made. They will always be modified when necessary. I dont see why your trying to compare with other places either, we are a stand alone place so it doesnt matter what they do or we do. Im sure they arent giving away cash as a reward anyway or there would be restictions as well (that is basically cash admin have conjure for every ticket that is awarded, did you assume it was free?) so yeah, money is involved, which im sure you didnt know about either being ignorant as to why we settled this.
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
reply date: 2012-05-28 10:22:39

Rules were made to prevent members from abusing the forums for tickets. You were not here long enough to see this happen. That fresh comment was ignorant, naive and very witless. Rules were made be adhered to, to regulate the distribution of tickets. At first there was none and that privilege was abused. Along with an ok from admin the rules were set were made. They will always be modified when necessary. I dont see why your trying to compare with other places either, we are a stand alone place so it doesnt matter what they do or we do. Im sure they arent giving tickets as a reward

or there would be restictions as well (that is basically cash admin have to give for every ticket that is awarded) so yeah, money is involved, which im sure you didnt know about either being ignorant as to why we settled this.AbbyAW

They dont give away rewards, they dont need to. The community members post freebies for nothing just because they want to and thats me included. Rewarding people for freebies is alien in the freebie world I havent seen anywhere else that does this. Its normally a good spirit thing, no reward needed.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
reply date: 2012-05-28 10:33:05 last edited on: 2012-05-28 10:37:09

Well we do it because members wanted another way to earn tickets and thats what we decided to to so tickets arent just earned by doing offers. Youre right, we do not need to give tickets as a reward but admin do so since they want to. But you have to remember, we are not a freebie site, we are a GPT site (there is a difference), and we award members as well just since we want to. Thats why we also have several contests up here as well for offers, referring, doing good at games, or simply being active, we even have a helper system where members are given incentives for helping out new members. We are a community and admin thought it would be nice to give members what they want like tickets too since they couldnt be earned with comments anymore (again you werent here long enough to know this). We all for the spirit of things, we all are as a community but we are also just as much the type to give a little something as a thank you. So for us, it is not alien. Maybe since we get alot from our members who make the site what we are today, we give back just as much, though yes we dont really have to.