6 tickets removed for spam from free stuff forum: Quality discussion

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » 6 tickets removed for spam from free stuff forum: Quality discussion
Created: 2012-05-21 02:47:07
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 511
Date of Birth: 1975-01-19
Total Earnings: $233.89
reply date: 2012-05-21 02:47:07

Hi all

So when I log in this monring I find I have had 6 tickets removed for posting up 3 x free Xbox live games yesterday in the freebie forum. Funnily these have posted before more than a month ago and have not been removed. Had a quick reread of the forum posting rules and appears I should have PM'd a mod before posting Xbox live games. OK hands up I didnt but to be honest I think its a great freebie compared to some of the utter crap that gets posted on there. I had messages yesterday saying thanks for the information so people were using the information, is that not the important thing? Members of this site getting bennefit from the information in the posts? Why remove the post so that they dont now have that information? So next time will I post a free Xbox live game which people will find useful? No. Will I post "Free pint of milk at daves corner shop for people whos children go to dunk road primary school" Yes I will.

So that raises the question about quality. Dont you think we should do away with things like Booklets (Your just requesting advertising anyway), local or non postal offers (How many people get to bennefit from them?), Free stuff for specific trades i.e. plumbers and dentists. You dont have to ban them from the boards just dont award tickets for the less useful posts. I post up tons of free freebies on other boards around the net without any rewards at all and would still quite happily post less useful offers outside of my 5 a day ticket allocation for no reward.

Thats my 2p's worth to be honest though its not an issue for me. I can make sure from now on I post freebies that are exactly within the rules however I would like to up the quality. Or I can just stick to One tea bag offers :(

One final thing for the Mods. When you remove a ticket give a correct reason. My Xbox live games were not Spam if there was a reason it was breach of rules. There is no points having a list of reasons if you cant get the right one.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2747
Date of Birth: 1991-05-24
Total Earnings: $2170.77
reply date: 2012-05-21 12:54:09

What is and isnt allowed is stated clearly in the stickies of the freebies forums so if anything is removed something wasnt followed. As for the quality, anything is allowed again as long as they are permitted by what we posted on the rules as well. Others do find many of those useful and check it out; different strokes for different folks... :\ Since you mentioned the notion it was removed I also would have to say to you I personally would have removed 2/3 if I saw them it even though all 3 is just as well if it wasnt run by a mod. My reason would of been because you made separate posts for the same freebie, you shouldve bunched them together since its all in the same, it is not necessary to do so because they are all the same, separate topics are not needed and only bulk up the forums.

The most issues I find is its some members who try and go around the rules to their benefit or they simply do not know. In any case its a member's responsibly to know what is and isnt allowed from the rules we added and as long as they are followed the posts will remain. We list all of our reasons in the forums, its up to you whether or not if you read them.
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
reply date: 2012-05-21 13:19:03

Sorry but I dont agree with nearly everything you say. First off its not one freebie its three freebies they are three individual games just like three perfumes are three perfumes etc. They have already been posted on the forums individually various times. Ive no need to bulk out the forums I can find 20+ offers a day let alone 5. I thought the Xbox live arcade games were much better freebies and much more likely to be used by the members here than others I could have posted.

But the message is clear! I wont post Free Xbox live Arcade games or PSN games for a multi billion selling industries. Instead I'll post free booklets and fridge magnets. Makes no difference to me, shame for the members of P2S though :(
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5550
Total Earnings: $2412.47
reply date: 2012-05-21 14:46:44

There was really no reason to make new topics for these freebies especially when they have been posted before. Also the rules clearly state:

"The following MAY be allowed You must PM a Mod/Forum Mod for approval BEFORE posting!

:moon: Xbox Freebies (Avatar Clothes, Themes, Games etc)
:moon: Downloads (e-books, Games, software etc)
:moon: Free Trials"
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2747
Date of Birth: 1991-05-24
Total Earnings: $2170.77
reply date: 2012-05-21 15:10:20 last edited on: 2012-05-22 06:52:04

I dont think you understood why I said it should be bunched in one post from my perspective so ill explain: They all pertain to xbox live arcade (the same company). If it were different perfumes as you stated of course separate posts are needed since most times the perfumes are from different sites or companies. With the Xbox its all the same, you just have an option on what to choose so you would list them.

We are not saying to not post these anymore, just make sure its not been posted by anyone else within the month (which you did not follow) and to PM a mod before posting; i am only reiterating the rules. If you do not want to post them anymore, it is fine but the sour reply to post other "little things" that would be a "shame for other members" as you wont do them anymore over this small matter was hardly necessary. Anything will be marked as spam no matter what it is if it didnt follow the guidelines, we are only doing our jobs. All we were here to do was explain to you why it was marked as it is the reason you started this topic. I feel no reply is good enough reason unless its something you wanted to hear :\
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
blastarama
UK platinum
Half way there
reply date: 2012-05-24 11:59:09

Wow and now I get this

- Text Copy/Pasted

This is low quality.agm1992

The item was a blue light up pen. Pretty sure thats not a low quality item compared to some of the other stuff that gets posted. So I take it copy and paste from the site is the issue? Sorry that was so users know how to claim the offer. Are we now supposed to put our own interpritation on this information? Note plenty of other users do this all the time and dont seem to get penalised?

Also again with ref to quality I note we are not allowed to post Magzines or brouchers. Funny when some Magazines cost 4 quid or more and are read monthly by millions, sure a few people would like a free one. I do also note though we do get quite a few Booklet freebies which seem to fall within the rules and dont get removed. So magazines and brouchers no, booklets yes. What about Newspapers or flyers where do they fit in? All seems a bit random.

If a copy and paste from the freebie site will get your tickets removed then it might be a good idea to put that in quality sticky on the free stuff board so that peole know about it. Also are there any other hidden rules or dont do's that we should know about?
You are not logged in.
Login with your social network:

Shoutbox