Support topics being listed as resolved prematurely (Resolved)

More options

Points2Shop Forums » Support » Support topics being listed as resolved prematurely (Resolved)
Created: 2012-05-10 08:38:54
cdl7307
US (TX) elite
New Poster
Total posts: 12
Date of Birth: 1985-05-08
Total Earnings: $857.22
reply date: 2012-05-10 08:38:54

I have created a couple of support topics in this forum over the past week and while I believe other users/mods/admins are doing their best to help, I feel that these topics might have been listed as resolved too soon (because neither one of the issues has actually been resolved). In one case, I could not even reply to a user's suggestion before they listed it as resolved while, in both cases, the final suggestion was to submit a support ticket (in both cases, submitting a support ticket has yet to resolve the issues).

In both cases, I needed to ask additional questions, but since the topics were listed as resolved I knew there was little hope that they would be responded to.
Stijn1234
BE admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9970
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $47.3
reply date: 2012-05-10 08:40:23

Hmm, you might have some point but in most cases when questions become too technical submitting a support ticket is the only way out in the end....
cdl7307
US (TX) elite
New Poster
reply date: 2012-05-10 08:44:46 last edited on: 2012-05-10 08:45:10

Thank you, Stijn1234, for the extremely quick response. In one case, I suspected that there might be a technical issue, but it was overlooked in my support ticket (free shipping issue).

I realize that this is an open-ended topic and there can be no specific resolution, but having someone else recognize it is enough for me and you can list this as "resolved" if you like (I promise I won't complain about it later :)
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2763
Total Earnings: $2251.5
reply date: 2012-05-10 08:53:29 last edited on: 2012-05-10 08:55:31

If the creater of the topic still has a question (like you) they can add it and anyone can reply to it. It is in no way a barrier when a post is marked as 'resolved' to not allow anymore replies. Its more meant to stop redundant replies to a user when its already been answered by another. If its not been answered when a new question is asked even if it is marked as resolved and you still see it, please do reply if you know the answer and in your case, vice versa, if you still have questions we will still answer. :) Even topics marked as 'resolved' we still do check them.

Unfortunately with problems like that which involve orders/shipping theres not much that can be said here than just advising to send in a ticket since the only ones who could help with the issue is order admin or the tech team if there is a bug.

I just wanted to give you a bit more insight though I probably repeated the same thing as Stijn :p
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
cdl7307
US (TX) elite
New Poster
reply date: 2012-05-10 09:06:37

Thank you, AbbyAW. In one case (specifically, the free shipping issue), another user's response (shout out to chevychic)was particularly helpful since they actually repeated the process I went through (adding items to cart) and ended up with a different result. I had hoped that forwarding that including the information in my ticket would help out, but it seemed it was overlooked (granted, this was probably an innocent mistake on their part).

This was my first time requesting support through the forum, so now I have a better idea of what to expect and what might be beyond the help of the community at large (although in cases like the one I mentioned above, other users' experiences can be handy).

Thanks again for responding and I promise I will stop bugging everyone about this.
Stijn1234
BE admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9970
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $47.3
reply date: 2012-05-10 11:06:11

LOL, you weren't bugging us at all, we appreciate all feedback! :)

I'll mark the topic as 'resolved' now lol :)