Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Who hates Google? :P
1 2
Created: 2012-04-29 07:12:59
Exar
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1503
reply date: 2012-04-29 07:12:59 last edited on: 2012-04-29 07:28:59

So it seems I was hit with the new Google update along with loads of others including well established businesses. I feel sorry for those people as they will be looking at their tracking graphs.

This is how mine looked after the update. Luckily I am slowly bringing my sites back from the depths of Google. I was on page 30 two days ago and I am now back up at page 7. Bearing in mind I was page 1 rank 1.

So what's in the new update? a.k.a. The penguin update Here's a Link to explain it all.

Google also re-ran the panda 3.4 update. I seem to have found just what exactly Google is penalising on. So if anyone is in the same predicament as me, please speak up and together we can work your sites back before it's too late and they are removed.

I don't really think I should mention this here as it may spark questions, but it seems to me that negative SEO is on the up. Even though it is legal, I highly recommend you do NOT do it. It'd down right nasty. The reason I am saying this, is because S.E.O. companies are starting to offer services like this. I read a story on a forum about how 1 person totally destroyed a successful company website using these tactics.

Finally, here are some tips from Google themselves:

There are 8 “specific guidelines”. They are (verbatim):

1. Avoid hidden text or hidden links.

2. Don’t use cloaking or sneaky redirects.

3. Don’t send automated queries to Google.

4. Don’t load pages with irrelevant keywords.

5. Don’t create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.

6. Don’t create pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware.

7. Avoid “doorway” pages created just for search engines, or other “cookie cutter” approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.

8. If your site participates in an affiliate program, make sure that your site adds value. Provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.

Pay attention to number 8!

There are other things that I see have been taken into the ranking proccess that are not mentioned. If you want to know more, post below or PM/Chat me.

Hope this helps a little bit and I will be around more the next few days while I work on my sites (And new ones)

:thumbup:

~Exar

**EDIT** Don't let the penguin get you!

|Facebook Credits Free|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|| Got a ref site? Take part in the Digg (Link) Exchange|Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
Xenitron
IT platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 90
Total Earnings: $312.36
reply date: 2012-04-29 07:15:42

all i know is that i had my site on page 2/3/4 under different keywords and after i did some updates to my page my site completely disappeared , 1 week and a few days are passed my page is still not ranking , but google webmasters tool seems like it's still updating my backlinks i got 5 websites waiting to be ranked.
no keyword stuffing , or spamming i dont know what the issue could be
Exar
UK platinum
reply date: 2012-04-29 07:19:12 last edited on: 2012-04-29 07:20:57

all i know is that i had my site on page 2/3/4 under different keywords and after i did some updates to my page my site completely disappeared , 1 week and a few days are passed my page is still not ranking , but google webmasters tool seems like it's still updating my backlinks i got 5 websites waiting to be ranked.
no keyword stuffing , or spamming i dont know what the issue could beXenitron

Google can take up to a month to rank your website. Best advise is to get it viral using social media. Google will rank faster this way. You may also have fell subject to the Penguin update. I would need to see your site to tell you more. Either post below or PM me for privacy.

~Exar

~~EDIT~~ Sorry I never read that properly. Was it major changes you made? ie. Keyword/content changes?
|Facebook Credits Free|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|| Got a ref site? Take part in the Digg (Link) Exchange|Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
Migueliscool
US (CA) elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 974
Total Earnings: $9828.78
reply date: 2012-04-29 09:03:25

Yea this new updates targets over optimized sites.

I saw when your website reached the number one spot for your niche on the same day it got there. I noticed it didn't have many links nor anything that would be classified as over seo.

Did you recently change your content or do any black hat that would make you lose your rankings?
Exar
UK platinum
reply date: 2012-04-29 09:06:11

Yea this new updates targets over optimized sites.

I saw when your website reached the number one spot for your niche on the same day it got there. I noticed it didn't have many links nor anything that would be classified as over seo.

Did you recently change your content or do any black hat that would make you lose your rankings?Migueliscool

Not all whitehat tactics. I did notice that my keyword consistency was up at 5.8% I reckon that's the cause. They have added a whole load of new things into the algorithm now.

Working on it naturally though so not to make any big changes too fast.

~Exar
Migueliscool
US (CA) elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 974
Total Earnings: $9828.78
reply date: 2012-04-29 09:23:15

Not all whitehat tactics. I did notice that my keyword consistency was up at 5.8% I reckon that's the cause. They have added a whole load of new things into the algorithm now.

Working on it naturally though so not to make any big changes too fast.

~ExarExar

I quickly looked through your site and noticed that you have your sign up link multiple times. I would change that and have it only once, maybe twice. There's a link to a directory in the bottom too, is it reciprocal? If so I would remove it. Also a little more content wouldn't hurt. Google likes that.

I would focus on building high quality links now rather than a lot of low quality. Also if you change your site, give it time. Don't be scared if changes don't happen quickly, it takes time. Don't send bots to your site neither, let it happen naturally.

Another quick thing I noticed while typing this, change your title from 'Facebook Credits Free - Free Facebook Credits' To 'Free Facebook Credits'. Your current one looks kind of spammy. Good luck and sorry for the misfortune.
Exar
UK platinum
reply date: 2012-04-29 10:45:36

I quickly looked through your site and noticed that you have your sign up link multiple times. I would change that and have it only once, maybe twice. There's a link to a directory in the bottom too, is it reciprocal? If so I would remove it. Also a little more content wouldn't hurt. Google likes that.

I would focus on building high quality links now rather than a lot of low quality. Also if you change your site, give it time. Don't be scared if changes don't happen quickly, it takes time. Don't send bots to your site neither, let it happen naturally.

Another quick thing I noticed while typing this, change your title from 'Facebook Credits Free - Free Facebook Credits' To 'Free Facebook Credits'. Your current one looks kind of spammy. Good luck and sorry for the misfortune.Migueliscool

Link directories are ok. I would have had a huge pile more content but when Weebly removed my site and after I requested a DL link for it, my blog was gone as it was hosted by Weebly so I never got it back.

The only links I have made for the site is via P2S. Any other links are from other people and out of my control really.

As for the title - I will edit that, that will reduce my consistency anyway but I need to edit slowly to notice changes made to rankings etc.

I do know what I am doing with the site, I really just posted this up to advise anyone in the same situation. It's just harder for me as I have to write all the code now and my code knowledge is slim to slimmer. :p Getting there slowly.

~Exar
scottuk
UK elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 993
Date of Birth: 1988-08-26
reply date: 2012-04-29 12:50:04

Because of these changes certain niches have become super easy to get into.
These changes suck but with the negatives along come new positives

Outside the box thinking hats guys :p
I Love My Refs
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 595
Date of Birth: 1996-07-02
reply date: 2012-04-29 15:03:27 last edited on: 2012-04-29 15:07:50

Dang Exar I wish I could see those charts on my own page. If you would like to help out with my sites or take a look at them feel free to PM me. It would be most appreiceated.

not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Total posts: 1293
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $351.29
reply date: 2012-05-12 03:08:41

My site did the G Dance a bit but other then that nothing went that bad. It stayed in rank. I think you are only seriously effected if you are doing Blackhat SEO. Though the redirect one interested me most.

I've had number 8 down for the longest time now, I don't know why some people create sites with no relative content and expect #1.

Either way, when it first hit about.com was getting ranks for small articles as apposed to sites made specifically for that keyword with plenty of great OnSite/OffSite SEO. It was shocking. Now it seems it was just Google Dance and everything is starting to smooth over again.