1 2 3
Created: 2012-01-23 21:19:59
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 235
Total Earnings: $1427.81
reply date: 2012-01-24 16:49:05 last edited on: 2012-01-24 16:52:31

wait, so you mean like have a whole IM dedicated to "begging" ? if so that would either clear up the shout box, OR potentially make things worse imoDarkusLord

no, i didnt mean it like that,,, think of it like a holding bay. Members who are looking to exchange points/cash enter the new section. Just their name is shown, and maybe how many points/cash thew want to exchange maybe like this:

[UK] ttimmy2005 ex 500 points for cach

Then other members who are looking to exchange can click on the name, and make the exchange, thus taking away the begging

I hope this has made more sense
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9007
Total Earnings: $2993.22
reply date: 2012-01-24 16:52:53

ttimmy I don't think it's a good idea. It would be as if P2S is supporting a points to cash feature, which they've made an agreement with advertisers about it (explained here). It also gives an open area to beg for points which defeats the purpose of having the rule in the first place. Just because such a feature would be limited to certain honor levels doesn't mean that someone wouldn't keep their end of the deal and keep someone's earnings. It leads to extra problems that an admin would just have to deal with. When you put it that way, your whole suggest just sounds bad and not worth the hassle.
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
reply date: 2012-01-24 17:22:01

ttimmy I don't think it's a good idea. It would be as if P2S is supporting a points to cash feature, which they've made an agreement with advertisers about it ( explained here). It also gives an open area to beg for points which defeats the purpose of having the rule in the first place. Just because such a feature would be limited to certain honor levels doesn't mean that someone wouldn't keep their end of the deal and keep someone's earnings. It leads to extra problems that an admin would just have to deal with. When you put it that way, your whole suggest just sounds bad and not worth the hassle.chevychic255

Thank you for pointing this out to me in such great and in depth detail, it was extremely useful! I thought that my solutions to the possible begging problem could very easily be put into place, and may indeed work very well. I posted this topic to see how other members felt about this idea, and i am pleased to see that the responses so far have been (although mixed), very good with valid points and suggestions. And to have such a great explination of why it can't be done is absolutly great!

This said, i would very much welcome some input from the Admin team on this, as i feel that this new feature could benefit points2shop greatly :)
chevybow
US (CT) diamond
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1497
Date of Birth: 1996-11-04
Total Earnings: $1266.21
reply date: 2012-01-24 17:22:28

ttimmy I don't think it's a good idea. It would be as if P2S is supporting a points to cash feature, which they've made an agreement with advertisers about it ( explained here). It also gives an open area to beg for points which defeats the purpose of having the rule in the first place. Just because such a feature would be limited to certain honor levels doesn't mean that someone wouldn't keep their end of the deal and keep someone's earnings. It leads to extra problems that an admin would just have to deal with. When you put it that way, your whole suggest just sounds bad and not worth the hassle.chevychic255

I think hes talking more of like an automatic system where someone places say 500 points and they want a certain amount in return. If someone would be willing to trade for 500 points they would press a button and they would be deducted how much the person offering 500 points wanted, and they would gain 500 points. At least i thought it would be kinda like that but that may bring up more issues regardless.
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
reply date: 2012-01-24 17:28:51

I think hes talking more of like an automatic system where someone places say 500 points and they want a certain amount in return. If someone would be willing to trade for 500 points they would press a button and they would be deducted how much the person offering 500 points wanted, and they would gain 500 points. At least i thought it would be kinda like that but that may bring up more issues regardless.chevybow

You got the idea. Of course, there may be some issues, but i am sure that with the expertise that the Admin team have, im sure that any issues could very easily be ironed out rapidly.
Zonekiller24
US (CA) bronze
New Poster
Total posts: 8
Date of Birth: 1994-04-23
Total Earnings: $16.06
reply date: 2012-01-24 19:50:16

If you guys want to do that, then just use Paypal.xiao2717

Not all of us have paypal
1 2 3
You are not logged in.
Login with your social network: