Created: 2011-08-16 21:21:29
Bladetwist3
US new
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $-0.32
reply date: 2011-08-16 21:21:29

if you want a game but the only one they have of it is used... dont worry! cause i bought a used game and it didnt work... so i figured out that u can clean it by putting some rubbing alcohal on or using a smooth slighty wet towel or blow on it! its as easy as abc! hoped this worked! Bye!
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 8867
Total Earnings: $2870.58
reply date: 2011-08-16 21:57:36

Lol or "blow on it", best suggestion there. :wink: I hear rubbing tooth paste on the disc and then rinsing it off works? That's what I was recommended to do when I called up complaining to Blockbuster for a used PS2 game I got which would show up as "This is not a PS2 format game" or something when I tried getting it to play. Never got a refund on it either since Blockbuster was shutting down and no longer took returns.. :@
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
PanTheMan2
US (OR) admin
Used to the forums
Total posts: 31
Date of Birth: 1995-02-02
Total Earnings: $0.01
reply date: 2011-08-17 03:53:41

I don't know about toothpaste. A lot of 'em are kind of grainy so I'd be worried about it scratching the disc. If wiping it on your pants or shirt isn't enough, some good ol' Windex should do the trick.
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music. ~ Aldous Huxley
Moofball
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1241
reply date: 2011-08-17 04:33:02

OR why not find a game store that offers disc repair for like $3? IT repairs all scratches on the disc. Aslong as it's just the outer plastic that's scratched and you haven't put a deep one in i would recommend it.

When I got my hardened edition of black ops on release night 2 maps weren't loading in the multiplayer and i noticed the game actually had 2 really noticeable scratches. I took it to GAME (UK version of gamestop) and they did a disc repair for free for me (usually £2 or $3)

I do like the blowing on your disc method. I'm sure that works like a charm. I hear singing to it works too ;)
chevychic255
US (GA) moderator
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 8867
Total Earnings: $2870.58
reply date: 2011-08-17 12:51:58

I do like the blowing on your disc method. I'm sure that works like a charm. I hear singing to it works tooMoofball
Yeah? I'll definitely try that sometime. ;)
`·.,¸ ,.·* ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª¤¤ª"˜¨¨¨¨˜"ª
vince56
US platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 497
reply date: 2011-08-18 21:50:13

i remember when i bought ac brotherhood for the 360 from gamestop.com, when it arrived it didnt even work! it read it as a dvd and no artwork came up in the disc tray icon on the xbox dashboard! i think they gave me a fake copy!!!! i ended up going to a local gamestop and exchanging it. one thing is for sure, i never had a good experience with gamestop! theres always something bad.....
jimfish
UK elite
Total posts: 1380
Total Earnings: $1274.38
reply date: 2011-08-19 04:35:54

Oh, I came in thinking you wanted suggestions for cleaning and cleaning-related games, like "Tidy your Room 2" on the Z-X Spectrum, or "My Little Helper: Spring Cleaning" for the DS.

I leave very disappointed that my vast, extensive cleaning and cleaning-related videogame knowledge services are unrequired.
Evertw
NO platinum
Total posts: 1105
reply date: 2011-08-19 07:35:53 last edited on: 2011-08-20 09:20:21

Someone negative rated Jimfish, impossible.

On topic: Breathing and blowing on discs is actually quite a good way if you're not willing to do anything radical, such as using toothpaste which could make the scratches worse.

Now about the breathing thing, since damp air touches the disc when you breathe on it it's good for not using direct water on the disc. It's easy to clean off too, just don't use paper that leaves fragments behind on the disc. This remedy is mostly just for when you get dust on the disc.
zeek1meta
US new
New Poster
Total posts: 10
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $0.18
reply date: 2011-08-20 03:48:23

got to radio shack and ask for a disk repair device it should be about 40bucks
it works perfect on any disk
daus26
US (WA) elite
Points2Helper
Total posts: 6965
Date of Birth: 1990-05-26
Total Earnings: $2709.4
reply date: 2011-08-20 04:19:46

got to radio shack and ask for a disk repair device it should be about 40bucks
it works perfect on any diskzeek1meta

Wait, 40 bucks?! Are you sure? You might as well get a new disc entirely.